my game after update wont open

by elliewantplay

Original Post

Accepted Solution

my game after update wont open

★★ Novice

hi i need help, after the new update i cant open ts4, when i try to start the game it keeps loading on white screen and after few seconds it kicks me off. can you help me please i want to play, thank u Standard smile

Message 1 of 3 (203 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: my game after update wont open

@elliewantplay  Please disable Origin in-game: hover over your username, select Application Settings, then the Origin in-game header, and disable the option at the top.

If you have Discord installed, please also check the Task Manager's background processes list for any Discord-related entries, and shut them down if you find them.

If that doesn't help, please move your entire Sims 4 folder out of Documents\Electronic Arts and onto your desktop.  When you launch the game, a clean folder will spawn with no content.  Don't add anything to it yet; just see whether you can get far enough to start a new save and play in live mode for a bit.  Let me know either way.

If you get the same white screen, please run a dxdiag and attach it to a post.

https://help.ea.com/en/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 2 of 3 (193 Views)

All Replies

@elliewantplay  Please disable Origin in-game: hover over your username, select Application Settings, then the Origin in-game header, and disable the option at the top.

If you have Discord installed, please also check the Task Manager's background processes list for any Discord-related entries, and shut them down if you find them.

If that doesn't help, please move your entire Sims 4 folder out of Documents\Electronic Arts and onto your desktop.  When you launch the game, a clean folder will spawn with no content.  Don't add anything to it yet; just see whether you can get far enough to start a new save and play in live mode for a bit.  Let me know either way.

If you get the same white screen, please run a dxdiag and attach it to a post.

https://help.ea.com/en/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 3 (194 Views)

★★ Novice

thank u Standard smile  its working now

Message 3 of 3 (183 Views)