by solexmert

Original Post

Re: my dog just stands there

Hero
Moving this to tech issues for further troubleshooting and info

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 11 of 23 (1,232 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hello, I am currently having this same issue as well. On my other played sims they have cats and they do stuff all the time on their own, but my new sim I just made his dog just stands wherever my sim last interacted with her. She moved to go sleep on his floor, but hasn't eaten, moved, or even does ANYTHING unless my sim interacts with her. I even reset her a few times as well and nothing :/ Did you ever figure out how to fix it?

Message 12 of 23 (1,201 Views)

Hero
@teendragon14 Same lot as OP or different ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 13 of 23 (1,192 Views)

Dog just stands when Sim sleeps or leaves for work

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.133.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Island Living, Seasons, Cats & Dogs, City Living, Dine Out, Spa Day, Outdoor Retreat, Laundry Day, Vintage Glamour Stuff, Luxury Party
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a household with one Sim and one dog and have that Sim either sleep or leave the lot for work.
What happens when the bug occurs? I have two households with single occupant and their pet dog. When that Sim sleeps or leaves the lot for work, the dog will cancel its current action and move to stand near a designated piece of furniture or with it's hind-legs on a dog bed and remain there until the Sim returns or wakes up. The dog is not effected by a space issue. They and the Sim are able to move freely about the home. This issue happens 95 - 99% of the time. A few occasions the dog has laid down on the bed and slept at the same time as the owner. I have installed all the current updates and repaired my game. A fellow Simmer had the same issue here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/my-dog-just-stands-there/td-p/8032537 but I don't know if it was resolved.
What do you expect to see? I expect the dog to explore the lot, eat, sleep, play with toys.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

The dog is not effected by a space issue. They and the Sim are able to move freely about the home. This issue happens 95 - 99% of the time. A few occasions the dog has laid down on the bed and slept at the same time as the owner. I do not believe this effects cats. 

I have installed all the current updates and repaired my game. A fellow Simmer had the same issue here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/my-dog-just-stands-there/td-p/8032537 but I don't know if it was resolved.

Message 14 of 23 (1,173 Views)

Re: Dog just stands when Sim sleeps or leaves for work

Hero
@tylery6505 What traits does your dog have ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 15 of 23 (1,161 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi Crin, 

The dog's traits are friendly, adventurous, and smart. 

The other household I have the same issue with has a dog that is friendly, playful, hunter.

Message 16 of 23 (1,139 Views)

Hero
@tylery6505 I'm moving the original post back to bug and merged yours into it. Not sure what's going on here.

Could you click me too on the first post ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 17 of 23 (1,111 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [CD] Dog just stands there

Community Manager (retired)

Does anyone have a save file they can share with me that reproduces this issue? You can send me a DM with a link to your save. Thanks for the help!

Instructions for sending me a save:

http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Tea...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 18 of 23 (1,068 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

@SimGuruNick i tried sending you a Direct Message but i keep getting a notification i don't have permission to view that page. i have the same problem with my pets. i've moved my home from San Myshuno (i heavily the original home on the left (penthouse) while i lived there, replaced it with one from the gallery cuz i didn't want to go back there) to Henford-on-Bagley.

As i use neither OneDrive or Google Drive i've uploaded my save (and the previous versions) on my mega.nz account. i hope that is acceptable too.

https://mega.nz/folder/LssSjQgD#r6Syt1UOdvuvt1i3dnbw6A

Edit:

i forgot to say it might take a short while befor it occurs.

Message 19 of 23 (866 Views)

★★★ Newbie

@SimGuruNick  Reviving this thread as I am having this issue too.

Product: The Sims 4
Platform: PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? very often
What is your current game version number? 1.90.375.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Cats & Dogs, City Living, Cottage Life, Get to Work, Island Living, Seasons, Dine Out, home Decorator, Outdoor Retreat, Parenthood, Fitness Stuff, Laundry Day Stuff, Movie Hangout Stuff, My First Pet Stuff, Tiny Living, Vintage Glamor Stuff, Blooming Rooms Kit and Outdoor Oasis Kit.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Make a family with a dog and play a few days. Do not travel off of lot (work/school is fine but changing lots seems to reset the dog)
What happens when the bug occurs? The dog just stands in one place, "twitching" (idle animation). Does not eat, go potty, play with toys, or interact with Sims. Occasionally will move to sleep somewhere.
What do you expect to see? Dog moving around the lot, eating when hungry, going potty when needed, playing with toys, interacting with Sims...
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? None.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? I've only recently purchased Cats & Dogs so I'm not sure, as I've only had a couple households with dogs. This is the first one I've played since HSY was released  but the issue has obviously been around for much longer considering the age of this thread :P Other than that, no changes have been made since I noticed the issue.

My dog has the Active trait, so it's really obvious when it happens (other traits are Adventurous and Smart). The last time it happened was right after taking the dog on an Adventure. When my Sim and the dog returned home, the dog just stayed by the door. 

I've noticed that the other people reporting this issue had only 1 Sim and a Dog in the household, but mine is a family with 2 dads, an alien teen, and the dog. My Sims live in Willow Creek, at Riverside Roost, not the lots mentioned by other players so it's probably not a lot specific bug.

My save is here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/18dm11Kr7Z0mXLJ719LYsCP0lDmtu9E2O/view?usp=sharing 

Let me know if there's anything else you need Standard smile

Message 20 of 23 (645 Views)