my custom content will not appear in the game

by SimQuickLips

Original Post

my custom content will not appear in the game

★★★ Newbie

Hello my name is serenity and i am in need of dire help.

I first purchased the Sims on 12/12/17, and downloaded custom content just fine, the game loaded it and i could use it in game like a dream. however i got my computer fixed and i re downloaded the sims again, however when i opened the game it wouldn't show any of my CC. i have no mods only hair and clothing from the Sims resource. So i contacted EA and they didnt help much at all, I repaired the game, logged out and back in, deleted the cc and re-downloaded them again, enabled mods and cc within the game, still nothing,How is this a new issue? i desperately need help, if i cant use cc i want a refund, because this game is simply lacking unless you pay money for expansions. I really just want to use CC like anyone else so There must be something i didnt try. If anyone can help me please do.

Message 1 of 2 (140 Views)

Re: my custom content will not appear in the game

Champion (Retired)

@SimQuickLips

If no mods show up in your game

• Did you place them in C:\Users\Username\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Mods
  • Do the game register that there are mods? Do they show up in the list in the beginning or if you open the mods list from the options menu?
  • Do you have OneDrive on your computer? Make sure that the game is not using the OneDrive-folders. Try turning off OneDrive before starting the game.

You can check where the game saves your files by looking in your Game Options - Screenshot settings.

Skärmklipp.PNG

Make sure that the path above is the same place as where you have your saves and mods.

You can copy and paste them for easy comparison.

Example, the path above and my mods folder:

• C:\Users\Meki\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Screenshots
  • C:\Users\Meki\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Mods

The text in bold needs to be exactly the same. If you're unsure, paste both in your answer and I'll help you figure out the problem

Message 2 of 2 (118 Views)