Re: my cursor won't let me click on things

by kreatora

Original Post

my cursor won't let me click on things

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I can play the game fine until i try to select certain things for instance i couldn't click on load game in the main menu but could click on everything else. When i've tried to make a sim my cursor wont let me select hairs or clothing pieces but others were ok to click. I've restarted the game multiple times and clicked the repair button on the origin menu but nothing has fixed it. Please help.

Message 1 of 8 (2,616 Views)

★★★ Novice
@aweomepuppiez were you able to open inventory in game?
Message 2 of 8 (2,593 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@aweomepuppiez 

Do you have any Mods or CC? If so move your Mods folder to the Desktop and delete localthumbcache.package. Then test the game.

If it works now check for updates to your Mods and CC. Add it back a little at a time while testing until you have found all that are broken.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 3 of 8 (2,581 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@aweomepuppiez Do you have UI extensions mod in your game? I had a similar problem where I couldn’t click a lot of things in the game and it ended up being due to UI extensions mod being broken after the update.
Message 4 of 8 (2,567 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@aweomepuppiez I’m also having this problem, and tried what the replies have recommended and I’m still stuck
Message 5 of 8 (2,555 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@chantalmng @aweomepuppiez  @butterman1960 

Change resolutions setting of the screen in the game options. There will be given various options that match your monitor. Try different ones and see after which your Load Button will recover

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/Unable-to-load-saves/m-p/8092660#M148450

I don't work for EA

Message 6 of 8 (2,539 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@kreatora Does this resolve the problem I have of not being able to click on certain things?
Message 7 of 8 (2,505 Views)

Hero (Retired)
@chantalmng

Part of your game screen is not visible for your cursor and it is not active.
Anyway, check it out - it worked for other players like here.
https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/Loading-saved-game/td-p/8113543/jump-to/first-unread-m...
Message 8 of 8 (2,501 Views)