my community spaces aren't saving

by plzsaysike78

Original Post

my community spaces aren't saving

★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.134.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? try and put a marketspace in san myshuno
What happens when the bug occurs? the lot does not save and wipes empty instead
What do you expect to see? i expect the lot to save.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. todays patch. as the community garden i made last night is fine

video here

Message 1 of 13 (5,416 Views)

Re: my community spaces aren't saving

Hero
@plzsaysike78 In the video you don't switch back to market place when you go back into the lot. I tested and it works fine for me.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 13 (5,398 Views)

★ Apprentice
@crinrict well it doesnt work. i cant get it to save as a marketplace
Message 3 of 13 (5,392 Views)

★ Apprentice
@crinrict and why are the furnishings wiping out? how does it work fine when its bulldozing the lot for no reason?
Message 4 of 13 (5,388 Views)

Hero

Just saying it worked in my game

But at the end of your video, you're not switching back to marketplace

It shows what's there for the community space

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 13 (5,354 Views)

Hero
@plzsaysike78 Have you been able to resolve this ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 13 (5,267 Views)

★ Apprentice

had to switch to residental, exit the lot, then enter it again and switch back to ommunity space 

Message 7 of 13 (5,248 Views)

Hero
@plzsaysike78 To make it work ? So all good now ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 13 (5,241 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

In an unmodded, fresh install game, I found that sometimes to be sure community lot changes were *really* saved I needed to save the lot, go to "Manage Worlds" (so exit the lot that way) then reenter the lot.

So:

Edit community lot

Save changes

Play lot

Sometimes failed to show my changes, but:

Edit community lot

Save changes

Go to "Manage Worlds"

Play lot

That always worked.

Learned to do that when I edited two regular lot in old neighborhoods to make Community Lots there. I was only non-buggy if after placing all items for all four lot types if I saved while in each mode, and went to Manage Worlds between all four times clicking save. And yes, stuff would have looked there but disappear. After I go through the process everything would stay saved.

Message 9 of 13 (5,176 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

This isn't working. I've download a lot that was saved as a Community Space but I want to change it to a Community Garden. When I make my changes and then click the Community Garden button, I get a loading screen and once loaded everything looks the same so I exit the lot, but I can see that the lot symbol has not been updated as a Community Garden.

I've just tried this again with a Sim visiting the lot and making the edits. I tried bulldozing the lot and changing it to Residential exiting to Manage Worlds, then re-entering the lot placing the lot again, changing it to Community Garden. Once I hit the Live button, I get a loading screen and once again it is changed back to Community Space; I confirmed this by clicking on the Community Board and the choices say "Check for Community Space Projects".

So yes, this is definitely bugged or EA will not let you change the lot type once it is built or placed. A definitely huge oversight.

EDIT: So according to this wiki (https://sims.fandom.com/wiki/Community_space), Sims have to actively vote on the lot type...? If you don't want to wait for that during gameplay, SHIFT + click on the Community Board and chose "Instant Enact Community Space Project (Cheat)" and just choose whatever you want (with your cheats active obviously).

Message 10 of 13 (5,061 Views)
sims-all-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help