Re: multi tab issue

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

Accepted Solution

multi tab issue

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

Hi, I searched about this issue and tried everything suggested but it's still not working.

1. I totally erased DCCache and DCBackup folder from the sims 3 folder.

I redownloaded and newly installed all the store contents from thesims3.com store page except for some previously downloaded items.

All store premium items are working pefectly except for the multi tab listen to tab cast.

2. I remembered I relocated the previously downloaded multi tab from my other folder. 

This time, I uninstalled the multi tab only, then re downloaded from the sims 3 page and newly installed but not working.

3. I saw ccmerged file can be a problem even though it's totally newly created from the process of 1 above.

But anyway, I move out the ccmerged file, uninstalled the multi tab, then I re downloaded and installed newly from the sims 3 page but still not working.

4. This time, I changed the name of the sims 3 folder to other one, and created a new sims 3 folder by running the sims 3.

I moved everything to the newly created sims 3 folder except for DCCache and DCBackup folder.

I redownloaded only premium contents first, then reinstalled them in game.

All premium contents are working but only multi tab ....is not.

Now have no idea what to do...?

Is there any other way I can try? Thanks. Standard smile

Message 1 of 13 (2,508 Views)

Accepted Solution

@aodoherty  I don't think it would make a difference to reinstall the game.  What happens if you install only the multitab in a clean user folder?  Please let me know whether it works, and we can go from there.

I own the multitab too but have never installed it, so I can't say for sure that it works.  For example, it might need the store patches, which are integrated into the program files in a Windows/Origin install (and maybe a 64-bit Mac version install) but otherwise not present.  If you want to add the store patches yourself, please see this thread:

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/16341942/#Comment_16341942

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 3 of 13 (2,477 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

I activated Frio family in Sunset Valley as a new game, and asked those 2 Jared and Conor use 'tapcast' but even they couldn't make it. Only thing I haven't tried is re installing entire the sims 3 with full expansion packs and stuff packs.

Message 2 of 13 (2,493 Views)

@aodoherty  I don't think it would make a difference to reinstall the game.  What happens if you install only the multitab in a clean user folder?  Please let me know whether it works, and we can go from there.

I own the multitab too but have never installed it, so I can't say for sure that it works.  For example, it might need the store patches, which are integrated into the program files in a Windows/Origin install (and maybe a 64-bit Mac version install) but otherwise not present.  If you want to add the store patches yourself, please see this thread:

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/16341942/#Comment_16341942

Message 3 of 13 (2,478 Views)

★★ Pro
@puzzlezaddict Thanks! I will try it tomorrow. Standard smile
Message 4 of 13 (2,475 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

@puzzlezaddictFinally!!! I solved it! I started what you suggested first! It worked! So..I started bringing over the previously made DCCache and DCBackup has only hair and clothing store sets excluded premium contents. After that, I redownloaded the multi tab from sims3.com, and it worked. I tested this with Christopher Steel in Sunset Valley with NO CCs and mods. I added all premium contents and worlds I own, and it still worked too.
Finally I started adding mods and everything worked perfectly. I started adding CCs in Mods folder, then multi tab stopped working. I didn't know CC would be affect to the premium contents. A couple of months ago, I found SimsVille custom world includes a bunch of cc files in it. It was made for the sims3 simmers who is missing the sims 1. One of the CC items was causing this issue. The file name is 'cloned_basketball_hoop.package'. For the last test, I removed all mods and ccs from Mods folder, and put this item only into Mods folder. Christopher couldn't listen to tabcast. Finally, I opened my own sims 3 folder which has my real sim family save file. I only removed this cc from Mods folder, my sim family is able to use multi tab properly. Thanks!! But I still have no clue why the frio brothers couldn't make it work without Mods folder.
So I guess it could be from the 2 reasons. One is from the broken ccmerged file as I tested it just before removing old DCCAche and DCBackup folder. The other one is from this CC content I guess. Anyway Thanks a lot. Standard smile You gave me a key for solution.

Message 5 of 13 (2,452 Views)

@aodoherty  I think your "two reasons" theory is probably right.  We know ccmerged can easily get corrupted, but rebuilding it would of course not address a mods issue.  That's why I love the clean folder test—it sweeps away (almost) everything else that could possibly interfere in one step.  There are just too many problems with this game to ever be ever rely on a single solution.

Anyway, thanks for the update, and for letting me know which file was causing the issues.  I'll keep that in mind for anyone else with a similar issue.

Message 6 of 13 (2,438 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

@puzzlezaddictI agree that the ccmerged file gets corrupted very easy, and the solution requires a lot of work to re download everything newly. So sometimes, I just install only a few items from the store because I don't want to do a lot of work to solve the premium issue every time I get. But they are still lovely though. :D

Now I just keep safe the premade DCCache and DCBackup folder without store worlds and premium contents on google drive. Every time I have this issue, I can only add the premium items and store worlds on this folders  so that I can do the less work.  Hope it will help other simmers to solve the same issue. Standard smile Thanks.

Message 7 of 13 (2,392 Views)

@aodoherty  That's one way to approach it.  Another would be to save a copy of your Sims 3 user folder with your store content installed and working, then restore that copy instead of reinstalling all the content.  You could also try downloading Nonamena's copy of ccmerged.package when you need it.  I can't link it here, but I searched for the page just now, and google knew exactly what I meant.

Message 8 of 13 (2,381 Views)

★★ Pro
@puzzlezaddict wow!! that sounds perfect! Thank you! Yeah I better do that way! :D yep i will google it and download it. thanks. Standard smile
Message 9 of 13 (2,354 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

@puzzlezaddictRecently, I moved to PC from my old Imac, which my spouse used to own. I was so happy because it had Geforce GTX 1080 Ti and other specs were great. But I had a problem with all entire store items. I just copied the sims 3 folder from Windows 10 on Imac to Windows 10 on PC. All store item stopped working. Even decoration items got disappeared all. I had to download everything from thesims3.com newly and then I got my store items back.

Yesterday, I moved my sims3 folder to a laptop from PC. The laptop is also Windows, not a macbook. I thought I have Even though it was from Windows 10 on Bootcamp? It was really wierd experience to me. Standard smile I just wanted to let you know what I've experienced with store items between Mac and Windows machine.

Message 10 of 13 (2,107 Views)