moving sims 3 to new computer, first installed without origin

by BioticDuck

Original Post

moving sims 3 to new computer, first installed without origin

★ Novice

Okay so a couple years ago I installed my sims 3 games on my mac without origin, now I would like to move them to my new computer. Is there anyway that I can move them over or redeem them? I would really like to atleast move over the games themselfs (I dont really care about the saved games),  my mac has become really laggy and slow so I would like to keep playing sims 3 without having to buy them all again. If I can't use origin to transfer them, is there any other way?

Thank you c:

Message 1 of 6 (235 Views)

Re: moving sims 3 to new computer, first installed without origin

EA Staff

@BioticDuck Yes, you should be able to move the games to the new computer using Origin.

If you download/install Origin and log into the client using your Sims account (the same one you would have used on the launcher or Sims 3 website) does the base game not show up?

If it does not show up, could you try redeeming the codes in Origin or do the codes come up as consumed?

Thanks!

Message 2 of 6 (232 Views)

★ Novice

ok, so I logged in and found the base game. Now when I try to redeem the expansions it says that they already have been used, Any solution to this?

Anyways, thank you for the help, it really means a lot :3

Message 3 of 6 (225 Views)

EA Staff

@BioticDuck Good to hear about the base game Standard smile

If the base game is there, most likely so are the expansions. Can you see/download the expansions if you right click (Ctrl click) the Sims 3 base game tile and go to 'View Game Details'?

Message 4 of 6 (222 Views)

★ Novice

So I found 3 of my expansions ready to download with the basegame, I have tried redeeming the other 4 but it still says that they already have been used. If there isnt anything to do about it then it's fine, because I already have the 3 expansions I use the most.

Thank you so much for the help!

Message 5 of 6 (213 Views)

[ Edited ]
EA Staff

@BioticDuck In this case, please contact an Advisor as they can check the codes for the expansions and see what is going on there:

1. Click on the following link: http://help.ea.com/ (once there make sure that your country is correctly select in top left hand corner of Help.EA.com)
2. Make sure you are logged in (top right corner) and select 'Help with Game'
3. Find the affected game (if it's an account issue select Origin)
4. Select 'Contact Us' at the bottom right on the new page
5. Select your platform and then 'Next'
6. Select topic from the drop down menus, type in a short description of your issue and select 'Next'.
7. Select a contact option. Please note that available contact options do depend on your country settings and time of day.

Don't hesitate to come back to us if you have any further questions!

Message 6 of 6 (193 Views)