Re: mouse cursor wont change to sims 4 version

by ShdwKitten

Original Post

★ Apprentice

If you use discord it might work taking off the discord overlay. It worked for me Standard smile

Message 21 of 29 (1,466 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Did that. Still, doesn't work.

Message 22 of 29 (1,455 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have a similar problem to this, but instead it stays at the small blue loading circle. It used to be the same problem, but then it turned into this...does anyone know how to fix that?

Message 23 of 29 (1,431 Views)

★ Novice
@LucyLumiere Disable discord overlay in game, worked for me :DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD
Message 24 of 29 (1,421 Views)

Re: Mouse Cursor (Sims 4)

★★★ Newbie

Hi, I tried all of the above but my mouse still doesnt work on one portion of the screen. i don't know how to fix it. Is it the game or my laptop?

Message 25 of 29 (1,402 Views)

Re: Mouse Cursor (Sims 4)

Hero (Retired)

Hi @sammireid16 - Usually, if the mouse stops working on one portion of the screen it's because there's a notification underneath the game window waiting for a response. Try alt-tab to the desktop to see any notifications. You should be able to get rid of the problem by turning on focus assist. Go to Settings > System > Focus Assist (on the left hand bar). At the bottom of the settings, turn on "When I'm Playing a Game". Hope this helps!

Message 26 of 29 (1,380 Views)

★★★ Novice

This was the solution for me. Mouse is back to normal after turning off the option. Thank you because it was really bothering me.

Message 27 of 29 (1,303 Views)

Re: Normal Windows Mouse Cursor (Sims 4)

★★★ Newbie
@farminarmin15 Me too frustration right. I've noticed when there's a pop up or window open it tends to happen
Message 28 of 29 (1,203 Views)

Re: Normal Windows Mouse Cursor (Sims 4)

Community Manager
Hi all,

I'll close this thread here as it's an older thread. Usually, the steps for troubleshooting any issue will naturally change through the years to accommodate updates and patch changes. This is why it'd be best to open a new/fresh thread to receive more up-to-date/relevant advice. Standard smile Saying that, the steps in here may still be helpful so please do give them a go before opening a new thread and remember to give some kudos to helpful posters by clicking the XP button under that post if it's helped you. Standard smile Thanks,

EA_Lanna

Lanna.png____________________________________________________________

*Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
*Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
*XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Please only DM me if I've asked you to, or in the case of highly sensitive content. General questions/issues/topics are best shared on the forum where others can take part/benefit from the responses/solutions/workarounds

Message 29 of 29 (1,170 Views)