Re: mouse cursor wont change to sims 4 version

by crinrict

Original Post

Accepted Solution

mouse cursor wont change to sims 4 version

★★★ Newbie

Hii i just recently got this problem. When i go to play sims everything works fine, i can click everything and play normally but my mouse cursor won't turn into the sims version, it stays as my normal computer one, which makes it really annoying to play with since it doesnt turn into, for example, when i grab an object it doesnt turn into a hand, it stays as my computer mouse.

Hope you can help~

Message 1 of 29 (41,338 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★ Novice
I had this exact problem and finally managed to find a solution! Someone commented about it in another forum. You need to disable origin in game.
If you don't know how to do that, it's super easy. Open origin, go to Game Library, find Sims 4 and right click on it. Then click 'Game Properties', and then "Disable Origin In Game for The Sims™ 4 Collector's Edition". It fixed the issue for me so I hope it does for you too!

View in thread

Message 14 of 29 (45,668 Views)

All Replies

Hero

Hi @LucyLumiere

this seems to be an issue that crops up from time to time.It usually seems to resolve itself.

I assume restarting the game and the computer doesn't help ?

Have you tried repairing the game by right-clicking on it in Origin ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 29 (41,216 Views)

★★★ Newbie

yeah i have tried everything i can think of. I repaired all of my expansion packs, game packs, and stuff packs and i tried updating the game and restarting my computer and nothing worked

Message 3 of 29 (41,202 Views)
Highlighted

Hero

What kind of mouse are you using ? Did you install any drivers for it or just plugin ? Do you have mouse trails on or anything of that kind ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 29 (41,190 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Does it matter what type of mouse you're using?
Message 5 of 29 (41,106 Views)

Normal Windows Mouse Cursor (Sims 4)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

hello!

I've never noticed this problem pop up whenever I played sims 4, but now that I started playing everything seemed fine, but I noticed that there's one area (kinda in the middle right) on the screen where the sim cursor changes to a normal pc one, and it's not responsive in that area only, which is mad annoying ._. I can't click on anything there (duh). I did try the repair option in origin, but the problem didn't go away. anything else I can do? Thanks!

Message 6 of 29 (40,867 Views)

Re: Mouse Cursor (Sims 4)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

Since you've already tried Repair Game, here are a few other tips to try:

1. Turn off Origin In-Game:
Open Origin, Select Origin > Application Settings > Origin In Game and click the on/off switch to disable Origin In Game.

2. Unplug mouse, then plug it back in. If that doesn't work, plug it into a different port.

3. Try a different mouse.

4. If those don't work, try updating drivers.

Update your drivers
http://help.ea.com/en/article/finding-devices-and-updating-drivers/

5. Run a clean boot, this will help with stopping any other programs from interfering.
http://help.ea.com/en/article/how-to-clean-boot-your-pc/

6. Mouse pointer is invisible
http://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2014/08/mouse-pointer-is-invisible/

Message 7 of 29 (40,863 Views)

Mouse not changing in game

★ Novice

Okay, so this is a weird thing, idk if I'm the only one who is having this problem. So yesterday I booted up sims 4 and I noticed that my mouse didn't change from normal pc mouse to in game mouse. So I shut it down and rebooted the game and it still didn't change. I tried deleting the two mods I downloaded yesterday, repair and update game but that didn't work. Any advice on what I should do?

Message 8 of 29 (40,863 Views)

Re: Mouse not changing in game

Champion (Retired)

Please try starting a new game and see if you have the same issue there.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 9 of 29 (40,850 Views)

Re: Mouse not changing in game

★ Novice

did that, also tried to delete my last save and it did nothing. Would uninstalling and reinstalling work?

Message 10 of 29 (40,844 Views)