Re: mods

by kaylabear222019

Original Post

★★★★ Novice

I am not not use cc mod ill show u what I am use and I even try read itDocuments 7_17_2019 4_59_54 PM.png

Message 11 of 14 (206 Views)

Re: My mods went away

[ Edited ]
Champion

@kaylabear222019 

Hmmm... from the screenshot it looks like your mods are still in the Mods folder.

Please try re-enabling the mods in your game options.

If this does not work you can try the following: 

• Running a repair and see if that will re-connect your game to your mods folder. [ Open Origin, click 'Game Library' then right-click Sims 4 > Repair Game ]. Make sure to let it run until it has completed all repairs (it will do the basegame first, then run through each of your expansions/packs). After that, please see if the mods are showing up in the game.
  • If the issue remains you could try the following: 
    Exit your game then exit Origin. Copy the Mods folder from your 'The Sims 4' folder onto your desktop (to preserve your mods future reference) then delete the mods folder and the localthumbnailcache.package file in your 'The Sims 4' folder and restart the game and so that the game will re-create the folder.
    Then run a game repair [ Open Origin, click 'Game Library' then right-click Sims 4 > Repair Game ]. Make sure to let it run until it has completed all repairs (it will do the basegame first, then run through each of your expansions/packs). 
    You can then re-add your Mods from your desktop folder to the new game mods folder - but do not re-add the old config file from the old mods folder, as it is possible for it to have become corrupted.

Please let us know how it goes. If all of that fails to re-connect your Mods you can do the second option over again and instead of adding the mods back in from the desktop mods folder you can go to the mods creators and get the mod again and add it like you did the first time to your game.

SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments
Message 12 of 14 (195 Views)

Hero
@kaylabear222019 Here's some tips: https://sims4.crinrict.com/eng/2018/11/mods-custom-content-doesnt-show-up/

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 13 of 14 (189 Views)

Re: My mods went away

★★★★ Novice

I diont see where u can do a that so I give up and deletion it 

Message 14 of 14 (163 Views)