Re: mods and cc will not work no matter what

by jpkarlsen

Original Post

Accepted Solution

mods and cc will not work no matter what

★★★★★ Novice

Ok so Ive been playing TS4 for a while now. And since March 2017, I started using mods and custom content. Everything went well, no problems, nothing wrong. Until seasons came out. I hurried up to buy it, and when I opened my game, there was an eternal loading screen. I waited 3 hours, nothing. I googled the issue, and it said that it had to do with mods. So I dragged my mods folder to my desktop, the game ran smoothly, no issues. Then some of my favorite sims Youtubers, (who had the same issue as I did, they stopped using CC and Mods without an explanation) started using CC and Mods again. I assumed that the issue was fixed, so i put back my mods folder. Nothing showed up in game. I tried to fix it, but ended up deleting my mods folder. So I was mad, (I had ALLOT of CC and Mods) but After i calmed down, I redownloaded some of the mods and cc that I had. But nothing showed up. I checked my game, and it said that I alowed CC and script mods. I uninstalled and renstalled my game. Nothing. (and lost my game files from that) Did the "repair" option. Nothing. I even manually deleted everything then redownloaded the game. Still nothing. And yes, I have the resource.cfg file, and my mods folder has a capital M. But no matter what I try and do, nothing helps. Any suggestions?

Message 1 of 15 (963 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★★★ Novice

I am pleased to say, that the new update has fixed my mods folder :D

View in thread

Message 15 of 15 (1,085 Views)

All Replies

Hero (Retired)

Moved to Sims 4.

Fasten your seatbelts, drive responsible and follow AHQ rules.

Если вы проживаете в Крыму, ознакомьтесь со специальной темой.

Я не являюсь сотрудником Electronic Arts/I am not EA employee.

Message 2 of 15 (943 Views)

Champion (Retired)

In all likelihood you downloaded them in a packed format such as ZIP or RAR which needs to be extracted.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 3 of 15 (932 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

no i didn't, also for my mods i always extracted them, and already have.... as for cc that doesnt need to be exracted, that doesnt work either.

Message 4 of 15 (880 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
?
Message 5 of 15 (876 Views)

Champion (Retired)

If they do not show when you start the game and are enabled and unpacked then they are not placed in the Mods folder the game uses. Look for another Mods folder possibly on Onedrive.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 6 of 15 (863 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I already DID that, like I said, I tried EVERY * THING I COULD HEAR OF, NOTHING HELPED D:

Message 7 of 15 (833 Views)

Champion (Retired)

To see which folder your game uses go to Game Options, Screen Capture and look at the Location path. It will tell you where The Sims 4 folder your games use are located. Note that with the latest patch ALL script mods are broken and needs updated. Many other Mods and CC are also broken.

Message 8 of 15 (818 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Okay, I'm trying that right now, crossing my fingers.

Message 9 of 15 (783 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Yeah, It didn't work. at this point, I just lost all hope. so... if you have this problem too, sorry. [Admin edit]

Message 10 of 15 (779 Views)