mods and cc will not work no matter what

by trex4flower

Original Post

Accepted Solution

mods and cc will not work no matter what

★ Novice

Recently I opened my game and it looked like it had completely restarted, all of my saves were gone and none of my mods/cc were showing up. I took the whole mods folder out of my sims 4 folder and put it on my desktop while trying to fix the issue, then put it back in later. I removed everything in the folder besides the Resource.cfg and restarted the game at least 10 times, testing individual mods each time. They never worked so i tried repairing the game through origin, this did nothing. Somehow the Mods folder and Resource.cfg ended up getting deleted entirely and no matter how many times i restart the game and turn mods off then on, the mods folder will not reappear. I don't want to reinstall the game because I'm afraid of losing my saves again, but the mods I have are one of the main reasons i still play. Any advice?

Message 1 of 6 (396 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: mods and cc will not work no matter what

Champion (Retired)

If the game starts then the folder is created just not where you was looking for it. a search will find it or you can start the Game and in setting look for the path where screenshots are saved. That will tell you the path to the Sims 4 folder.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.

View in thread

Message 6 of 6 (367 Views)

All Replies

Champion (Retired)

The folder you put the Mods folder in is not the one the game uses.You can use Windows search feature to search for it.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 2 of 6 (376 Views)

★ Novice
When I search for the sims 4 the only thing that comes up is the game itself and my mods. I tried deleting the game from my computer completely and downloading it again and now I don't have a Sims 4 folder at all, is there something else I should be looking for?
Message 3 of 6 (365 Views)

Champion (Retired)

Start the game and a The Sims 4 folder will be created.

Message 4 of 6 (356 Views)

★ Novice
This doesn't happen. I've even tried deleting both origin and the game but a new folder does not appear in the Electronic Arts folder after I open it.
Message 5 of 6 (340 Views)

Champion (Retired)

If the game starts then the folder is created just not where you was looking for it. a search will find it or you can start the Game and in setting look for the path where screenshots are saved. That will tell you the path to the Sims 4 folder.

Message 6 of 6 (368 Views)