Re: missing sim

by Fizzstix

Original Post

missing sim

★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.54.120.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all, but the newest stuff pack
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I don't think you can reproduce the bug. It is specific to my own game.
What happens when the bug occurs? I went to move one of my sims out of the house, and into his father's house, but he is not showing as an unplayed household. I don't know if it is because he used to be Father Winter. His household name is called Random Father Winter. He is currently retired.
What do you expect to see? I would expect that since he is a retired Father Winter, he would be listed as an unplayed household. Even the current Father Winter is listed there.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

I saved my game and removed all my mods. Went back into the game and the sim in question was still not anywhere to be found as an unplayed sim that I could access in manage sims. I am willing to give you a copy of my save file if you'd like to take a look at what I am seeing.

Message 1 of 9 (650 Views)

Hero
@Fizzstix Moving this to tech for troubleshooting.

Does he also not show up if you move him to a different household ? To be sure: Is he a kid of father winter or father winter himself ? If it's the later, how does he have a father on his own ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 9 (607 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I am unsure what you are asking me. I am playing the 100 baby challenge. One of my kid's was fathered by Father Winter. The child is now a young adult and when they reach YA, I move them in with their father. I am not able to find his father in the manage households at the top right of the map. 

I was able to "cheat" the system though, with much finagling. His father was invited over to the house at the very last save (and copied save). I asked to move in. With much error and what not, managed to get my young adult child moved in with his retired father winter, father... and subsequently moved into a house in Sulani. 

Message 3 of 9 (602 Views)

Hero
@Fizzstix It's possible that he was in a hidden household or something. I wasn't sure if the Sim you moved out was once father winter or the Sim you moved the Sim in with was Father winter (confusing still)

I don't think father winter should actually retire but there have been reports of new ones being generated. Father winter stuff is all a bit fragile.

I guess as long as you found a solution, all is good ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 9 (594 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Interesting.. I have had several of my Father Winters retire/regenerate in several of my saved games. I can't say for sure if I had any sort of interaction with them such as this case though. 

I will try to explain again. 

My female sim had a baby with Father Winter. (this is after that patch of the children disappearing if they were fathered by Father Winter). Said child reached YA. I move my children in with their father once they reach young adult. When I went to manage households, I couldn't find his father, BUT their was a new Father Winter in the unplayed, not in world. My sim's father was listed as retired, but not showing up in the unplayed, not in world. I did not have his household favorited .. I double and triple checked. 

I suppose that since I did find a "fix", it is resolved, but I do find it strange that since he was retired, that he was still "hidden". Wouldn't that be considered a bug?

Message 5 of 9 (586 Views)

Hero
@Fizzstix Would you mind using MCCC ? MCCC has an option to show hidden households as well. I don't know if this can be considered a bug.

This issue was fixed: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/FIXED-Random-Sims-as-Father-Winter/m-p/7007871

Is your new Father Winter Sim called Clemens Frost or differently ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 9 (562 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I didn't know there was an option in MCCC to show hidden households. I will look into that. The new Father Winter's name is called Clemens Frost. The retired Father Winter's name was not Clemens Frost.

Message 7 of 9 (558 Views)

Hero
@Fizzstix So it could be the retired one had the bug I linked above and now that it's corrected, the old one is acting weird.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 9 (538 Views)

★★ Apprentice

What's strange is my retired Father Winter keeps inviting me to his birthday party... uhm.. he's an elder. LOL He is probably an immortal in my game. 

Message 9 of 9 (525 Views)