Re: missing school bus and complete jobs for film career

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

Accepted Solution

missing school bus and complete jobs for film career

★★★★ Apprentice

my child sims missing school because of no school bus for pick up i had to add 7 more days to make up the school bus and getting 

to and get a grade for them. also my sims can't complete a job in film career going to getting  food  he does it does completed but it doesn't say he completed it  and stays on screen

Message 1 of 3 (526 Views)

Accepted Solution

@sim31984  The film career opportunity to deliver food often doesn't work correctly.  But it shouldn't be necessary to complete the job—just cancel it and work the normal way.

Sometimes the school bus stops showing up for no apparent reason.  The trigger can be a field trip or a snow day, or sometimes it happens randomly.  If it really bothers you, one way to fix it would be to evict the family and put them back in their house.  As long as you do this in one Edit Town session, without saving and replacing the family, the sims will keep their careers and relationships.  But they'll lose their promised wishes and opportunities, and I think their job progression as well, as in, how far they need to go to get a promotion (I'm not totally sure they lose it though).  So you may want to wait until the kid ages up to a teen before trying this, or their grade may return to the default C.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 2 of 3 (494 Views)

All Replies

@sim31984  The film career opportunity to deliver food often doesn't work correctly.  But it shouldn't be necessary to complete the job—just cancel it and work the normal way.

Sometimes the school bus stops showing up for no apparent reason.  The trigger can be a field trip or a snow day, or sometimes it happens randomly.  If it really bothers you, one way to fix it would be to evict the family and put them back in their house.  As long as you do this in one Edit Town session, without saving and replacing the family, the sims will keep their careers and relationships.  But they'll lose their promised wishes and opportunities, and I think their job progression as well, as in, how far they need to go to get a promotion (I'm not totally sure they lose it though).  So you may want to wait until the kid ages up to a teen before trying this, or their grade may return to the default C.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 3 (495 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

ok

Message 3 of 3 (443 Views)