Original Post

Accepted Solution

missing content from all packs

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform: PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)

What is your current game version number? 1.68.156.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all except Snowy Escape
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? check in fences in build mode, that's where I noticed the majority of my content is missing. I'm not sure what else is gone though...
What happens when the bug occurs? content is missing (fences and stuff...)
What do you expect to see? my missing content back.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. it happened after the patch.

My game is missing content from all my expansion packs/game packs/stuff packs. I'm not sure exactly which ones but the ones that I do notice missing is all fences from Dine Out are missing and some from Romantic Garden and Get Famous. There are others but I can't remember which ones because A LOT is missing.

I deleted my entire sims 4 folder to see if that would work and I repaired my game (took over 2 hours because I have all games except for Snowy Escape), and nothing worked.

I'm not sure what to do. :/

Message 1 of 5 (1,575 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: missing content from all packs

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Oh my goodness I just figured it out! I couldn’t find the fences I was looking for they weren’t showing because I forgot WHERE I had gotten them was in bb.showhiddenobjects I forgot because I don’t use it often !! Omg I feel like a dumb dumb xD lol I just tried it and I got them, I’m so sorry for posting this for nothing ! I didn’t think to check that :/ lol 
Thank you all for your help though anyway, I really appreciate it !! Standard smile

View in thread

Message 5 of 5 (1,460 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

OMG. I thought this was just me, thought I was going crazy. I haven't noticed any fences missing but I'm missing all the dressers from get together. Just looked at some of my builds and all the windows I used are gone

Message 2 of 5 (1,556 Views)

Hero
@xLilacSims Do you have pictures of those dine out fences somewhere ? I checked some guides and none of them list DO having any.

https://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/gamepacks/dineout/

For Romantic Garden I have 1 but there's items like deco and a hedge in other categories.

https://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/stuffpacks/romanticgarden/

For Get famous I have four fences and according to guides that's all there is

Do you have some pictures from before (or the internet) of what you are missing ? Are you sure they weren't cc ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 5 (1,516 Views)

★ Guide

Have you checked your catalog filters?  Not sure if the filter is there in build mode but what you set in buy mode might affect it.

Was one of the mods you removed TwistedMexi's Better Build Buy?  If so you might be better off updating it rather than just removing, in case it left configuration settings behind.  I don't really know how the mod works but it's something you could think about.

Message 4 of 5 (1,495 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Oh my goodness I just figured it out! I couldn’t find the fences I was looking for they weren’t showing because I forgot WHERE I had gotten them was in bb.showhiddenobjects I forgot because I don’t use it often !! Omg I feel like a dumb dumb xD lol I just tried it and I got them, I’m so sorry for posting this for nothing ! I didn’t think to check that :/ lol 
Thank you all for your help though anyway, I really appreciate it !! Standard smile

Message 5 of 5 (1,461 Views)