missing TS4 folder? (screenshot included)

by razoili

Original Post

Accepted Solution

missing TS4 folder? (screenshot included)

★★★★★ Newbie

i know there are two sims 4 folders, the installation folder (C: \ Program Files (x86) \ Origin Games \ The Sims 4) and the other one (C: \ Users \ Username \ Documents \ Electronic Arts \ The Sims 4). my problem lies within the second folder. mine goes (C: \ Users \ Username \ Electronic Arts) and then it's empty. i deleted and reinstalled the game twice and it's still missing. what happened??? how do i fix it????

Message 1 of 4 (257 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: missing TS4 folder? (screenshot included)

★★★★★ Guide

Hi;

There's a couple of possibilities:

1: Nothing has actually been written to that location because the game hasn't been started/played yet. (I kind of doubt this because you probably have played the game a few times already.)

2: It's possible that it may have been stored in a different location, depending on installation settings. I believe another of the users around here may have steps on how to find it if that's the case, but my suggestion would be to perform a search on each hard drive for "The Sims 4" to find the folder as a start. If you can't find it after that, then it tells me that the game has never been started.

Hope that helps.

- B

View in thread

Message 2 of 4 (243 Views)

All Replies

★★★★★ Guide

Hi;

There's a couple of possibilities:

1: Nothing has actually been written to that location because the game hasn't been started/played yet. (I kind of doubt this because you probably have played the game a few times already.)

2: It's possible that it may have been stored in a different location, depending on installation settings. I believe another of the users around here may have steps on how to find it if that's the case, but my suggestion would be to perform a search on each hard drive for "The Sims 4" to find the folder as a start. If you can't find it after that, then it tells me that the game has never been started.

Hope that helps.

- B

Message 2 of 4 (244 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

omg now i feel so dumb lol. it was the first one! it didn't even occur to me to launch the game before looking in the files. thank you so much!!!

Message 3 of 4 (234 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

Not a problem at all; good to know it was simple!

Enjoy your Simming.

- B

Message 4 of 4 (229 Views)