Re: master controller won't work

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

Accepted Solution

master controller won't work

★★★ Novice

so I just installed the mods package thing from mod the sims and the nointro and nobuildsparkles works fine but if i install any NRaas mods they just won't show up in game.

I have used mods before on a different laptop and they worked fine and the custom content installs with no problems.

I have winrar and 7zip but i use winrar. they install into winrar and i extract it into the correct folder but they will NOT show up in game and i have tried EVERYTHING.

PLEASE HELP!

Message 1 of 15 (9,926 Views)

Accepted Solution

@samanthajones020 Are you sure you downloaded the MasterController base mod, and not just one of the add-ons?  These extra modules, like Cheats and Integration, won't work unless you also have the base mod in place.  If you're not sure which one you have, check the label, or just download a fresh copy.

Otherwise, maybe it's better to try a clean game folder; once your mods are working, you can move your saves and other content into it from your old folder.

Drag your entire TS3 folder (not just pieces, the whole thing) out of Documents and onto your desktop.  Launch the game, go to the Main Menu, and quit.  Then unzip the Mods framework and place it in this new game folder, and delete scriptCache.  Load the game again and confirm that both mods are working.  Quit, delete scriptCache again, unzip MasterController, place it in Mods/Packages, and reload.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 6 of 15 (9,849 Views)

All Replies

@samanthajones020  After installing MasterController, did you delete the scriptCache.package file from your game folder?  And what's your patch level?  If you're not sure, open the launcher and look in the lower left corner, below the Game Updates tab.

Message 2 of 15 (9,868 Views)

★★★ Novice
No I just looked for the ScriptCache.Package but i can't find it. Where would it be? I looked in the game folder and the bin but there isn't one. and the patch is 1.69.43
i have installed the correct version for my patch so I don't understand what I've done wrong
Message 3 of 15 (9,861 Views)

@samanthajones020  The scriptCache.package file, and the other cache files, are in your game folder in Documents, where you added the mods.  (The full path is Documents\EA\TS3.)  It has to be deleted whenever you add or remove a package file from your mods folder.

If you downloaded MasterController any time recently, then you definitely have the correct version.

Message 4 of 15 (9,854 Views)

★★★ Novice
I deleted it then and i went into the game but the window where the NRaas mods pop up and it still didn't show up (it doesn't show up at all because i have no mods installed)
Message 5 of 15 (9,849 Views)

@samanthajones020 Are you sure you downloaded the MasterController base mod, and not just one of the add-ons?  These extra modules, like Cheats and Integration, won't work unless you also have the base mod in place.  If you're not sure which one you have, check the label, or just download a fresh copy.

Otherwise, maybe it's better to try a clean game folder; once your mods are working, you can move your saves and other content into it from your old folder.

Drag your entire TS3 folder (not just pieces, the whole thing) out of Documents and onto your desktop.  Launch the game, go to the Main Menu, and quit.  Then unzip the Mods framework and place it in this new game folder, and delete scriptCache.  Load the game again and confirm that both mods are working.  Quit, delete scriptCache again, unzip MasterController, place it in Mods/Packages, and reload.

Message 6 of 15 (9,850 Views)

★★★ Novice
I tried that but it still doesn't seem to be working, could it be something to do with how i install it?
I download it from the website (google chrome) and it appears at the bottom, I click it and it goes to winrar with the mod there as a file and i just drag and drop it into the package file but i have also tried extracting it and stuff but it still never seems to work

Message 7 of 15 (9,845 Views)

@samanthajones020 When I download zip files, I just double-click to extract them, no outside tool needed.  You can try that, I guess.

It's possible that you have a second game folder somewhere that TS3 is reading instead of the one that has MC in it.  Do you happen to have OneDrive enabled?  If so, disable it.  Game folders have a habit of landing there, where the game often won't read them.

Either way, check the last modified date on your deviceconfig.  If it doesn't exactly match the last time you opened the game (right down to the minute), you have another folder somewhere.  You can search for it in File Explorer and remove it, but note where it was, in case another folder winds up there later.

Message 8 of 15 (9,838 Views)

★★★ Novice
I looked in my C: drive because my computer has such little storage i have an internal drive as well, the D: drive . This is where i try to install all of my games, mods and cc. I was having trouble earlier with the launcher saying "there was an error. see log for more details" and i saw someone post about it not working if it is not in the original place in the C: drive. This confused me while downloading which i had to do around 4 times so i ended up with sims and EA files all over my drives. I deleted them all (which lead to the same error message on the launcher) so i deleted every sims file i could find and reinstalled the game. It is downloading now so i'll update you whether that works or not. Thanks for your help up till now Standard smile
Message 9 of 15 (9,828 Views)

★★★ Novice

so the issue before was I was downloading the file into the D: drive as it has more space but when i did this for some reason there would be a file in the C: drive too and there was just a lot going on. I reinstalled the game into the C: drive where it would be originally and it worked, i followed the steps with the ScriptCache.Packageyou advised and it worked, now the mastercontroller works in game but the only problem i have is there is very little storage space on the C: drive but i can deal with that later.

Thank you so much for your help!

Message 10 of 15 (9,799 Views)