latest update erased my saved games

by rebeccallordier

Original Post

latest update erased my saved games

★ Novice

The latest update from Origin, which I had to do in order to play the Sims 4, erased all my saved data, and reinstalled my game completely. It even reset the tutorials! Hours of games... just gone. Is there a way to get my games back??

Message 1 of 5 (341 Views)

Re: latest update erased my saved games

Hero

Sounds like your user folder got either moved by accident or the game is now using a different folder.

Could you check this folder: documents\electronicarts\thesims4\ if there's still any of your files. If not, check your OneDrive (if you have). Also search your hard disc for any other Sims folders to see if it got moved by accident.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 5 (329 Views)

★★★ Newbie

My game did that as well, but i cant get any of my games, which is upsetting, since i spent money on it. I cant even access them. They're just GONE.

Message 3 of 5 (303 Views)

★ Novice

My Sims 4 has done this as well. I located the game folder where mentioned. I tried coping it over to 'program files/electronic arts' and then restarting Sims 4, but it still won't load my game. If someone could help, that would be greatly appreciated. I would like to recover my original game data, before having to start all over again.

Message 4 of 5 (224 Views)

Hero
The folder you need to move your user files too is documents\electronicarts\thesims4

programs are the installation files and if you move anything there, it can mess up the game.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 5 (213 Views)