laptop

by tatywab

Original Post

Accepted Solution

laptop

★★★ Newbie

Looking for a laptop that will run Sims 3 and 4 or at least just 4. I was using an HP workstation 8560w but it's having issues beyond my scope. I know absolutely nothing about laptops so having a hard time searching for myself. Ideally under $600, I paid $400 for my used HP and it was amazing. 

thank you!

Message 1 of 3 (301 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: laptop

[ Edited ]

@tatywab  If you're willing to buy an open-box laptop from Best Buy, this one has an "excellent"-rated option for $607:

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/asus-15-6-gaming-laptop-intel-core-i5-8gb-memory-nvidia-geforce-gtx-165...

This laptop would run both Sims 3 and Sims 4 on ultra graphics settings, and its hard drive is more than large enough for both games.  Asus makes good gaming laptops, and this is a popular line that performs as expected.  Of course, with any open-box model, you'd want to test it out right away, just in case.

I haven't seen a new laptop with these specs for under $750, or $700 with a smaller hard drive, in at least a few months, so I doubt you'd find an equivalent new option for $600.  But if you don't want this one, let me know, and I'll try to find something new for around the same price.  Any lower, and Sims 3 might not run very well, or you might not be able to play with the most demanding packs.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 2 of 3 (268 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]

@tatywab  If you're willing to buy an open-box laptop from Best Buy, this one has an "excellent"-rated option for $607:

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/asus-15-6-gaming-laptop-intel-core-i5-8gb-memory-nvidia-geforce-gtx-165...

This laptop would run both Sims 3 and Sims 4 on ultra graphics settings, and its hard drive is more than large enough for both games.  Asus makes good gaming laptops, and this is a popular line that performs as expected.  Of course, with any open-box model, you'd want to test it out right away, just in case.

I haven't seen a new laptop with these specs for under $750, or $700 with a smaller hard drive, in at least a few months, so I doubt you'd find an equivalent new option for $600.  But if you don't want this one, let me know, and I'll try to find something new for around the same price.  Any lower, and Sims 3 might not run very well, or you might not be able to play with the most demanding packs.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 3 (269 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thank you!! I just ordered it! I really just needed a solid option, I was having a hard time finding it myself

Message 3 of 3 (248 Views)