Re: laggy and slow cursor on sims 4

by EllaFritzgerald

Original Post

Accepted Solution

laggy and slow cursor on sims 4

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

whenever I play sims 4 my cursor becomes SO slow and laggy except for when I'm in CAS mode? I don't know what's wrong with it, I've tried everything to fix it, I've cleaned my laptop, deleted unnecessary files, all my drivers are up to date and I have reduced all the graphic settings to low on sims, I have also bought a new wireless mouse for my laptop but it hasn't fixed the problem, I've clicked repair on sims on origin and also changed my screen to windowed!? HELP

Message 1 of 7 (7,422 Views)

Accepted Solution

Hero

Your processor and graphics chip are below minimum requirements for the game.

Are you playing the 64 bit or 32 bit version of the game (you should choose 32 bit) ?

There's not much you can do other than setting everything to low and maybe uninstall some expansion packs and try get a refund for those or invest i a better computer.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 4 of 7 (8,046 Views)

All Replies

Hero

Could you post your Computer's DxDiag?

To gather a DxDiag on your computer, please follow the steps here: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

You can attach the txt file to your post directly.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 7 (7,401 Views)

★ Novice

there i attached it

Message 3 of 7 (7,390 Views)

Hero

Your processor and graphics chip are below minimum requirements for the game.

Are you playing the 64 bit or 32 bit version of the game (you should choose 32 bit) ?

There's not much you can do other than setting everything to low and maybe uninstall some expansion packs and try get a refund for those or invest i a better computer.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 7 (8,047 Views)

★ Novice

how do I play the 32-bit version of the game?

Message 5 of 7 (7,379 Views)

Hero

Click on game properties in Origin (right click on the game) and choose the advanced options tab. There you can change it (it might already be on 32 bit though)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 7 (7,367 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Hey! I am having the same problem, and I have been wondering if I should download the Legacy Version although I was not asked to do so (I am crossing my fingers so I don't have to), I ran the DxDiag and was wondering if you could help me know if I should. I tried setting all the video preferences to low and it seems to be working better, lags very rarely, but I am still wondering. Thank you so so much in advance for all your help Standard smile 

Message 7 of 7 (4,853 Views)