lagging issues.....

by s-bergin795

Original Post

Accepted Solution

lagging issues.....

★★ Novice

I'm so frustrated at this point so any help would be great. up until a few months ago my game was working perfectly, i have a high end laptop and its well able to run the sims 4 on high settings so i was confused when i launched my game and i couldn't play because it was so laggy, so i tried all i could by removing all my mods, making sure the right graphics card was working, uninstalling the game, updating all my drivers etc. so i gave up on trying to play until about a week ago i updated my gforce driver and i launched the sims 4 straight after and it worked perfectly! so i played for a bit then ended the game and tried starting it back up again, and again it was back to being laggy again!... could any one help me out with this?i have no idea whats causing this...

Message 1 of 8 (404 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: lagging issues.....

Champion (Retired)

I notice that you have uTorrent installed along with its "web helper" utorrentie.exe (serves Ads in uTorrent and your browser). This has been known to cause problems gobbling up huge amounts of memory. Try to make sure that it is not running before starting The Sims 4. See if that helps.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.

View in thread

Message 5 of 8 (319 Views)

All Replies

Hero

Hi @s-bergin795

Could you post your Computer's DxDiag?

To gather a DxDiag on your computer, please follow the steps here: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

You can attach the txt file to your post directly.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 8 (388 Views)

★★ Novice

yeah sure Standard smile

Message 3 of 8 (337 Views)

Hero

Hi @s-bergin795

your specs definitely look fine.

Do you have lags in just one save game or also if you start a new one for testing purposes ? Is it a general lag in all modes or just live mode ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 8 (329 Views)

Champion (Retired)

I notice that you have uTorrent installed along with its "web helper" utorrentie.exe (serves Ads in uTorrent and your browser). This has been known to cause problems gobbling up huge amounts of memory. Try to make sure that it is not running before starting The Sims 4. See if that helps.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 5 of 8 (320 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

it kind of depends. i usually play on a 64x64 plot and was playing the same save game for the last year. so i tried to start new ones on very small plots with no CC or anything and the same lag was there though not as bad as the 64x64 and it lagged in all modes... and when i played that one time after i updated my drivers and it was working fine there was absolutely no lag on that old save game.

Message 6 of 8 (293 Views)

★★ Novice
ah okay ill try that out thanks
Message 7 of 8 (291 Views)

★★ Novice
thanks so much for the help! i cant believe that was the problem lol
Message 8 of 8 (257 Views)