Re: katy perry sweet treats

by jpst23

Original Post

Accepted Solution

katy perry sweet treats

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

So since this pack (Katy Perry Sweet Treats) is no longer available to buy on Origin I thought I would just buy it from eBay and noticed that all of the new copies of the game are pretty expensive. 

I own my Sims 3 collection digitally. If I download Sweet Treats though the disc will it connect with my digital copy of Sims 3? Also can I download it without registering it through Origin or do I need to buy a sealed copy? Any thoughts or info on this would be great, thank you. Standard smile

Message 1 of 3 (480 Views)

Accepted Solution

@jpst23  I've moved your post to the Sims 3 PC tech section.

If you can find one, a sealed copy would be better.  While Origin does support a mix of disc and digital installs in theory, in practice, it doesn't always work out.  Some people managed to get the game working even without registering their disc codes in Origin, but often enough Origin will refuse to recognize the packs installed via disc.  It's much more likely to work for those whose codes are in their Origin accounts, and of course if you can register a code, it's easier to just download the pack and avoid the potential mess of a mixed install.

On the other hand, if the price difference is really that significant, it might be worth the risk to try a used copy.  Just understand that there's no guarantee it will work, or that it will continue to work as Origin is updated over time.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 2 of 3 (453 Views)

All Replies

@jpst23  I've moved your post to the Sims 3 PC tech section.

If you can find one, a sealed copy would be better.  While Origin does support a mix of disc and digital installs in theory, in practice, it doesn't always work out.  Some people managed to get the game working even without registering their disc codes in Origin, but often enough Origin will refuse to recognize the packs installed via disc.  It's much more likely to work for those whose codes are in their Origin accounts, and of course if you can register a code, it's easier to just download the pack and avoid the potential mess of a mixed install.

On the other hand, if the price difference is really that significant, it might be worth the risk to try a used copy.  Just understand that there's no guarantee it will work, or that it will continue to work as Origin is updated over time.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 3 (454 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Novice

Thank you for moving the post and all of the information. I looked on ebay and amazon and only saw used copies so I guess I’ll just have to try that, again thank you for the input.

Message 3 of 3 (439 Views)