Re: item stuck in active sims inventory.

by Sashas0nic

Original Post

★★ Pro

and this > "If you evict your sim and then move them to another lot, those stuck items in their inventories will become un-stuck and you can delete them".

Message 11 of 23 (3,007 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

Also: back in my answer #4 I mentioned resetting your sim.. did you try that? Or do it with the cheat console  > resetsim [full name sim]

2: try resetting your sims 4 folder and see if that helps. To do that, move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Then start the game, and a new sims 4 folder will be generated. Exit the game and then add back the "options.ini" file and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" "custom music " and "mods" folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated file/ folders with the old file/folders.

Sasha

Message 12 of 23 (3,002 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I just tried this first I tried a different lot in Forgotten Hollow which is where the house hold is then I tried this and moved to a totally different area in Oasis Springs. Didn't want to mess with any other sims so I chose Dusty Turf. Book doesn't give me the option to even move it at all. Thanks again for trying to help me with this. 

Message 13 of 23 (2,995 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I also tried resetting my sim I will try that folder thing you mentioned.

Message 14 of 23 (2,992 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

No luck with resetting my files that book is not budging lol. Any other ideas how to get it out? I'm about to just give up and deal with it being in my sims inventory lol. thanks for trying to help. I've had this issue for a week now but earlier today one of my sims decided to pick up a second book so I have a stack of 2 . I have had glasses and other things get stuck like this before but usually a save and quit then reload fixes it and I can remove the item normally. I'm pretty sure normal sims aren't even suppose to even use the butlers book lol. also on a side note I have added a butler to my family before and seen a stack of 99+ of To Serve and not be Served in their inventory. I had to get rid of a particular Butler who kept setting fire to a dryer that was fully upgraded and firing them didn't work as they would just return again later. but I digress I think that book is buggy imo.

Message 15 of 23 (2,982 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

Last idea @XrazgarX click on the bookcase get your sim to read it and delete it when it's in her hands.. (and they're bound to pick it up at some point) or do it via go into 'manage worlds' find the Butler and go into live mode with him in the house.. and delete it with that mod..  I've deleted many a thing with it now, very handy. It can delete it anywhere, so you wouldn't really have to 'live mode' the Butler.

apart from that am out of ideas, things randomly getting stuck in the inventory is a known issue, with no real 'fix'.

Sasha

Happy Simming

Message 16 of 23 (2,980 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

ill give it a shot that sim is at work at the moment thou. Have to wait till he gets back on the other hand my other Sim hasn't picked any of those up yet surprised she hasn't either lol. How ever she has had a glass of water or two stuck before but a simple save exit reload always fixes that and I can clean up or get it out of my sims inventory no problem. I just think that book that belongs to the butler is not suppose to actually be obtainable or useable with active sims normally but I don't know. all I know is I have 2 of those books stuck in one of my sims inventories. thanks for trying to help. 

Message 17 of 23 (2,973 Views)

★★ Pro

Hi @XrazgarX 

Did the latest patch sort it out for you? Just noticed the notes on it: 

• Butlers should no longer hoard How To Serve and Not Be Served books in their inventories.

Sasha Standard smile

Message 18 of 23 (2,917 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

@Sashas0nic wrote:

Hi @XrazgarX 

Did the latest patch sort it out for you? Just noticed the notes on it: 

• Butlers should no longer hoard How To Serve and Not Be Served books in their inventories.

Sasha Standard smile

@Sashas0nic

No the book is still in his inventory lol. but it seems my Butler doesn't leave them lying around since the patch but I did move houses since and the one I have for my current sims is much bigger. Any how thanks for checking back on the issue. As I mentioned earlier I think sims aren't suppose to normally obtain that item which is why there aren't any options to sell move or delete the book in the inventory. I don't know how ever because I wasn't involved in making the game just my opinion. 

Message 19 of 23 (2,896 Views)

★★★ Guide

Having the same problem. The crux of the issue is that regular Sims were never meant to use that book. It was only something immersive for butlers to read as an idle activity. The problem is the butlers are just as prone to leaving their belongings lying about as any other Sim and Sims in general are idiots. If your Sim picks it up and put's it in their inventory, the system gets confused as it wasn't intended to happen. I know this doesn't fix the problem, but hopefully it sheds light on why it happens.

Message 20 of 23 (2,302 Views)