issue with downloading my own nightclub venue from the gallery

by reboot2019

Original Post

issue with downloading my own nightclub venue from the gallery

★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.136.1010
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? everything
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? download a nightclub venue from the gallery onto a penthouse lot
What happens when the bug occurs? it reverts to residential
What do you expect to see? a nightclub!
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Because I play a modded game I make buildings in a vanilla save then upload to them to the gallery - then I drop them down into whichever modded game I am playing at the time.

Last year I uploaded a nightclub venue that i had built on one of the penthouse apartments, I downloaded it to my game and it was fine - recently I started a new save only this time when I download there are two options for placing the lot, 1. keep the lot as a residential (because it's being dropped onto an apartment) or 2. place it as it is listed in the gallery (a nightclub) I choose the gallery option every time but it's still being placed as residential lot. 

Message 1 of 6 (465 Views)

Re: issue with downloading my own nightclub venue from the gallery

Hero
@reboot2019 Can you not just change it after placing ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 6 (454 Views)

★★ Guide

Hi @crinrict no that's not working the only option is an apartment or a tiny living house! - I tried to build a nightclub in the Spire 888 penthouse and that can't be changed from residential anymore either. But I just gave up playing the apartments save - my Simself adopted a cat then locked the front door to stop the cat from straying only to watch the cat jump into the toilet and wander around the street below, after unlocking the door and calling him back into the apartment, the cat then got stuck inside the neighbours apartment and that's when I quit! 

I guess that kind of chaos could be considered gameplay, to me it just feels irritating Frown

Message 3 of 6 (433 Views)

Hero
@reboot2019 The spire 888 are apartments not a penthouse for me. I can't change the lot type there at all.

I tried the other two and have no issues changing lot type.

Does it work for a fresh save for you ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 6 (397 Views)

Hero
@reboot2019 Are you sure you posted the correct lot name ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 5 of 6 (369 Views)

Hero
@reboot2019 Moving this to tech issues for further troubleshooting and info

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 6 (344 Views)