island living consult on global policy not showing up

by 1kyears

Original Post

Accepted Solution

island living consult on global policy not showing up

★★★★ Novice

For some reason, Consult on Global Policy in the Conservation Career is either not showing up, or I am missing something. Can someone tell me how to either make Consult Global Policy visible again or tell me how to unlock it? My sim is maxed out in the environmental branch, so it should be there. Did I do something wrong? I'd show pictures, but I lost the screenshots I took. Sorry.

Message 1 of 7 (1,611 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: island living consult on global policy not showing up

Hero (Retired)

@1kyears That IS weird Thinking Well, make sure you really are in the Environmental Management track. The job description should say that the sim is a Chief Sustainability Officer. 

Do you have any mods or cc installed? Even things that don't seem like they are related can sometimes cause conflicts. 

I suggest you try to repair your game. Follow these steps (even if you have no mods or cc)

• Exit TS4 and Origin completely.
      • Save a copy of your Saves folder to your desktop (or somewhere else safe, to use as a backup)
      • Move your Mods folder to the desktop
      • Delete the file localthumbcache.package Default location is C:\[YourUserName]\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4  Instructions with pictures are here: https://sims4.crinrict.com/eng/2014/09/delete-cache-files/
      • Launch Origin "As Administrator" (Right-click Origin.exe, choose Compatibility tab, Check the box next to "Run this program as administrator")
      • In Origin, right-click The Sims 4 icon and choose "Repair". Origin has to be online for this to complete. Let the repair run until completed, on the game and any addons installed
      • Launch The Sims 4 and check to see if the issue is fixed. (your sims may be naked or bald, depending on the mods or cc that was installed previously)

If the issue is fixed after the repair, then you have one or more outdated mods or cc. This will take a bit of detective work; one at a time, copy your mods back to the mods folder, then open the game and verify everything is working. If you have a lot of mods or cc, use the 50% method. Once you've identified the culprit(s), check with the creators to see if updated versions are available.

Let us know if this brings back the option to create a global policy. Fingers crossed

View in thread

Message 6 of 7 (1,528 Views)

All Replies

@1kyears  I've moved your post to the Sims 4 tech section.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 7 (1,576 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@puzzlezaddict thanks. I'm not sure how this whole thing works, so I appreciate it.
Message 3 of 7 (1,573 Views)

Hero (Retired)

Hi @1kyears - Consult on Global Policy should be on the phone, under the Work tab. It only shows up for sims that are in the Environmental Manager career track. I see that your sim is maxed out in the Environmental Manager track.

Is it possible that you have already consulted on all the available global policies, and have enacted them all? I haven't enacted all of the policies yet, so I'm not sure, but I would guess that the option goes away if you've enacted all the policies.

Message 4 of 7 (1,557 Views)

★★★★ Novice

No, I haven't enacted any of them yet. I have no global policies in place. And I checked the work tab, it isn't there. Weird, right?

Message 5 of 7 (1,544 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@1kyears That IS weird Thinking Well, make sure you really are in the Environmental Management track. The job description should say that the sim is a Chief Sustainability Officer. 

Do you have any mods or cc installed? Even things that don't seem like they are related can sometimes cause conflicts. 

I suggest you try to repair your game. Follow these steps (even if you have no mods or cc)

• Exit TS4 and Origin completely.
      • Save a copy of your Saves folder to your desktop (or somewhere else safe, to use as a backup)
      • Move your Mods folder to the desktop
      • Delete the file localthumbcache.package Default location is C:\[YourUserName]\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4  Instructions with pictures are here: https://sims4.crinrict.com/eng/2014/09/delete-cache-files/
      • Launch Origin "As Administrator" (Right-click Origin.exe, choose Compatibility tab, Check the box next to "Run this program as administrator")
      • In Origin, right-click The Sims 4 icon and choose "Repair". Origin has to be online for this to complete. Let the repair run until completed, on the game and any addons installed
      • Launch The Sims 4 and check to see if the issue is fixed. (your sims may be naked or bald, depending on the mods or cc that was installed previously)

If the issue is fixed after the repair, then you have one or more outdated mods or cc. This will take a bit of detective work; one at a time, copy your mods back to the mods folder, then open the game and verify everything is working. If you have a lot of mods or cc, use the 50% method. Once you've identified the culprit(s), check with the creators to see if updated versions are available.

Let us know if this brings back the option to create a global policy. Fingers crossed

Message 6 of 7 (1,529 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@BlackjackWidow I do have mods/cc, but I double checked and they all work fine with my game. I'm in the environmental management branch, but I'll try your steps in the morning. It's getting late and I've been busy all day.
Message 7 of 7 (1,514 Views)