is this pc good enough to run ts4?

by flyingtrashcan03

Original Post

Accepted Solution

is this pc good enough to run ts4?

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

i have no idea where to actually post this. this was my last resort. i know nothing about computers so i was wondering if this pc

is good enough to run the sims 4 on high settings with about 6-7 expansion/stuff packs and custom content? i don’t have the time to build a pc, and i’m pretty budgeted so i’m very limited. i also plan to play minecraft modded, and probably a few other smallish games. 

thank you!!

Message 1 of 9 (643 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: is this pc good enough to run ts4?

@flyingtrashcan03  If you really don't want to go over $600, this is the best option (also at Best Buy).  It has an equivalent processor and a significantly stronger graphics card than the one you were considering, plus it has a solid state drive.  480 GB isn't all that big, but it's more than enough for TS4, Minecraft, a couple other small games, web browsers, and some music.  (Plus, an internal 1 TB hard drive might cost you $40, if you decide you need one later.)

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/cyberpowerpc-gamer-master-gaming-desktop-amd-ryzen-5-1400-8gb-memory-am...

If you can spend $635, this option is definitely better.  It has a stronger graphics card and a much stronger processor, plus the same 500 GB SSD.  It's also "fulfilled by Amazon," in case you're worried about receiving a defective product.

https://www.amazon.com/SkyTech-Archangel-Gaming-Computer-Desktop/dp/B07JYF2394

Both these options only have 8 GB RAM.  That's enough to play TS4 or Minecraft, but multitasking might be difficult.  Still, RAM is also cheap and easy to add later, if you decide you want more.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 4 of 9 (609 Views)

All Replies

@flyingtrashcan03  It will run TS4 on high settings, and maybe ultra, right now, but its graphics card isn't going to keep up with the game going forward.  (It's still not a bad choice by any means.)

If you let me know your budget, I can probably find something better for you, specifically a system that should always run TS4 on ultra settings.  (Minecraft would be fine too.)

Message 2 of 9 (630 Views)

★★ Novice

@puzzlezaddict  my budget is about 500-600 for right now, i'm not very big on video games so i'm not trying to spend an entire paycheck haha. thank you!! 

Message 3 of 9 (622 Views)

@flyingtrashcan03  If you really don't want to go over $600, this is the best option (also at Best Buy).  It has an equivalent processor and a significantly stronger graphics card than the one you were considering, plus it has a solid state drive.  480 GB isn't all that big, but it's more than enough for TS4, Minecraft, a couple other small games, web browsers, and some music.  (Plus, an internal 1 TB hard drive might cost you $40, if you decide you need one later.)

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/cyberpowerpc-gamer-master-gaming-desktop-amd-ryzen-5-1400-8gb-memory-am...

If you can spend $635, this option is definitely better.  It has a stronger graphics card and a much stronger processor, plus the same 500 GB SSD.  It's also "fulfilled by Amazon," in case you're worried about receiving a defective product.

https://www.amazon.com/SkyTech-Archangel-Gaming-Computer-Desktop/dp/B07JYF2394

Both these options only have 8 GB RAM.  That's enough to play TS4 or Minecraft, but multitasking might be difficult.  Still, RAM is also cheap and easy to add later, if you decide you want more.

Message 4 of 9 (610 Views)

★★ Novice

Thank you so much!!! I really appreciate it Standard smile 

Message 5 of 9 (602 Views)

★★ Novice

@puzzlezaddict quick question, without the 1TB, would i still have enough storage for custom content and mods? 

Message 6 of 9 (587 Views)

@flyingtrashcan03  Yes, definitely.  Put it this way: you'd have room for two or three separate installs of TS4 with cc and mods.  If you have a lot of other stuff (besides the games you mentioned) you want to store on your computer, you may decide you need more space in a year or two, but like I said, adding a second hard drive later is cheap and easy.  Right now though, you'll be fine with 500 GB.

Message 7 of 9 (573 Views)

★★ Novice

@puzzlezaddict thank u! one last thing (i’m sorry aa) i can’t find anything about this anywhere else though and you’re very helpful, will it run ts3? i know it’s a pretty intensive game. i’m fine without  it tbh but i’d like to play it sometime. 🤠

Message 8 of 9 (541 Views)

@flyingtrashcan03  More questions are always fine.  Yes, either of these computers would handle TS3 very well.  There are sometimes hiccups in getting the game up and running on newer systems, but there's no reason you shouldn't be able to fix it.  (If you have any trouble, feel free to come find me in the Sims 3 section of AHQ.)  The hardware is more than strong enough to run the game on ultra settings.

Message 9 of 9 (530 Views)