is there a way to download the game from a physical copy?

by marykids1234

Original Post

Accepted Solution

is there a way to download the game from a physical copy?

★★ Newbie

So I have a newer laptop that doesn't have a cd player at all, so I can only get digital copies of a game. I want Sims 3 plus a few expansions because I have physical copies of the game from my last computer. The only issue is the pamphlet doesn't tell me exactly how to download the game digitally. I don't want to have to repurchase the base game and every expansion. is there a way to download the game from some sort of code or anything?

Message 1 of 2 (420 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: is there a way to download the game from a physical copy?

@marykids1234  Yes, you can download the digital version of TS3 from Origin, for free.  All you need to do is register your codes in Origin, and the content will appear in your game library.  Once you download the base game, click on the TS3 icon in your library and find the tab that says More.  Click on it and select Expansion Packs (or Stuff Packs) and scroll through the list to download the packs you own.  Alternately, if you have Origin set to automatically update your games, the packs should start downloading as soon as the base game is installed.  (Or you might have to quit and relaunch Origin.)

The codes you need are the same ones you used to install the game via disc the first time around—the 20-character codes printed on the backs of the inserts that came in your CD cases.  If you've lost those inserts, you can probably still find the codes in your old computer's registry, provided you haven't wiped the computer completely.

https://sims3.crinrict.com/en/2013/09/how-to-find-your-serial-number.html

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 2 of 2 (416 Views)

All Replies

Re: is there a way to download the game from a physical copy?

@marykids1234  Yes, you can download the digital version of TS3 from Origin, for free.  All you need to do is register your codes in Origin, and the content will appear in your game library.  Once you download the base game, click on the TS3 icon in your library and find the tab that says More.  Click on it and select Expansion Packs (or Stuff Packs) and scroll through the list to download the packs you own.  Alternately, if you have Origin set to automatically update your games, the packs should start downloading as soon as the base game is installed.  (Or you might have to quit and relaunch Origin.)

The codes you need are the same ones you used to install the game via disc the first time around—the 20-character codes printed on the backs of the inserts that came in your CD cases.  If you've lost those inserts, you can probably still find the codes in your old computer's registry, provided you haven't wiped the computer completely.

https://sims3.crinrict.com/en/2013/09/how-to-find-your-serial-number.html

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 2 (417 Views)