is sims 3 compatible with win 10

by wolfimanjack9900

Original Post

is sims 3 compatible with win 10

★★★ Novice

is sims 3 compatible with win 10?

Message 1 of 6 (513 Views)

Re: is sims 3 compatible with win 10

@wolfimanjack9900  Yes, absolutely.  Many of us play in Windows 10, including me.  There are a few issues that sometimes need to be addressed—for example, .NET 3.5, which is necessary for TS3, isn't always enabled by default (but can be turned on easily enough), and OneDrive needs to be disabled or prevented from automatically uploading your game folder to cloud storage.  But overall, it's usually quite easy to get the game up and running.

If you'd like an opinion on how a specific computer's hardware would handle TS3, you can list its specs, or run a dxdiag and attach the results to a post here (use the Browse button).

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 6 (505 Views)

★★★ Novice

Here is dxdiag from my computer.  I can't sign in or download anything from the store or exchange through the launcher as provided by origin.  Can you help?

Message 3 of 6 (486 Views)

@wolfimanjack9900  Wow, that's an impressive computer, much stronger than the one you linked before.  This isn't what you're asking, but I have to say that you really do need to take steps to cap your in-game fps.  An Nvidia 1080 is probably capable of throwing frame rates into the thousands if not properly limited, and it can damage itself working that hard.

For Nvidia cards, the first tool of choice is the built-in Control Panel; if that doesn't work (and it sometimes won't, and never works in windowed mode), then the next tool to try is Nvidia Inspector (free download).  For both, since you have an Origin-controlled install, you'll use TS3.exe to set up the proper profile.  Here are screenshots of the setups for both cards, under the spoilers:

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/16540301/#Comment_16540301

For your question, sometimes the store is down, but it looks like it's working now.  Try clearing your browser caches, including the one for Internet Explorer.  Even if you never use it, the launcher and store do for some purposes.  Be sure to uncheck the box to preserve data for favorites.  And if you have trouble using Chrome to access the store, try a different browser; I've never had any trouble with Firefox.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 4 of 6 (480 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
Yes it is! it works perfectly with Windows 10.
Message 5 of 6 (468 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@wolfimanjack9900  Ah, the Wolfman Jack - probably the greatest DJ of all time. You need to be downloading to the game launcher. The game uses IE (Internet Explorer) to communicate so even if your using a different browser IE still has to be configured correctly. Have you tried a different browser? If the cookie for this site has changed you need to clear the browsing history in IE and try again. When you download from the store you login to the store and then go to the purchase history and download from there to the launcher download folder where you can install the store item. Did the downloads ever work? What is the version of your game - lower left in the launcher?

Message 6 of 6 (451 Views)