Re: invisible townies sims 3

by igazor

Original Post

invisible townies sims 3

★ Novice

I've been playing sims 3 university life for the past three days and it was playing perfectly fine and there were no issues and now suddenly all my sims are invisible my active sim went back to normal when i made her get in her car but idk how to fix everyone else. Does anyone know how to fix this?

Message 1 of 6 (1,501 Views)

@SandraCristinaCB  The usual cause of invisible sims is that their outfit assignments are corrupt.  (An outfit itself might be fine; it's the assignment of that outfit that breaks.)  Do you use mods?  If so, there are a couple of easy mod-related fixes to try.  Let me know if you're interested.

Otherwise, try evicting a household and replacing it while staying in Edit Town.  If this doesn't help, you can quit without saving.

Please also let me know what exactly you see when you look at the invisible sims, for example are the thought bubbles coming out of the floor, are there floating clothing and accessories, etc.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 6 (1,482 Views)

★ Novice

I do use mods but idk which one I would have to download. I've also tried just quitting the game without saving but it just makes them all invisible again. I dont think it's the clothes as all the people that live in my dorm and other townies arent wearing any cc. I also dont see anything, I only realized they were invisible was when i saw a chair moving but there was no sims around and i did a keg stand with on sim to check and she was just floating. Thankyou for replying btw

Message 3 of 6 (1,477 Views)

[ Edited ]

@SandraCristinaCB  It's strange that all the sims would go invisible at the same time; usually there's only one affected sim, or a few at the most.  You can try NRaas DebugEnabler's Fix Invisible Sims command: click on the admin building (it stands in for City Hall) and select NRaas > DebugEnabler > Fix Invisible Sims.  If that alone doesn't help, click on your sim and select NRaas > DE > Fix Homeworld.  Edit: never mind.

Let the game run for a few sim-minutes, use "save as" to rename the save (so the original remains as a backup), quit, delete the five cache files in your Sims 3 user folder, reload, and see whether the issue is gone.  For reference, the cache files are:

• CASPartCache.package
  • compositorCache.package
  • scriptCache.package
  • simCompositorCache.package
  • socialCache.package

You can run a more intrusive reset with NRaas MasterController: click on the admin building and select NRaas > MC > Town Settings > Reset Everything.  All sims will be reset, essentially rebuilt using available data.  If the DebugEnabler commands alone don't work, it may be worth trying an MC Reset and then running the DE commands again.

Just in case you're not aware, many DE interactions are undocumented and shouldn't be used.  They were left in the game by developers, but even the modders don't know what they all do.  So it's best to only use commands with well-described effects.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 4 of 6 (1,467 Views)

★ Novice

I will try that when i start the game up later I already have the NRaas MasterController mod so thats fine. Thankyou so much for ur help

Message 5 of 6 (1,462 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

Hey there...

You already have several great things to try, but just in case they don't work out I'm going to suggest that you bring the issue to us at NRaas and we can also try helping there.

But please, do not run a DebugEnabler Fix Homeworld when playing in a world that is not your sims' actual homeworld (e.g., Uni World). That will break your game, at least to the point where you would have to quit without saving or revert to a prior save in order to continue. Fix Invisible Sims good, Fix Homeworld bad -- what this will do is attempt to treat Uni World as if it's the active household's real homeworld for a few at first minor looking purposes but it's just not going to work out right.

Fix Homeworld is perfectly safe to run when playing an actual homeworld though, it's just not going to fix the invisible sim problem.

Where MC comes in is that if it's the outfit assignments are broken bug, which is very common with and without mods (CC or all EA clothes doesn't really matter), then MC can be used to reassign an existing outfit to each of the sims around you in turn by way of its Outfit command, even if it's the one they are already supposed be wearing. That usually fixes the issue permanently, for that world and ongoing game, only one sim at a time. MC Resets alone generally won't fix this issue, that command is wonderful and fixes a lot of bad things but not usually the invisible sim/bad outfit assignments glitch as rebuilt/reset sims will retain the bad assignment.

Message 6 of 6 (1,427 Views)