Re: invisible face texture townie glitch?

by soulesss28

Original Post

Accepted Solution

invisible face texture townie glitch?

★★★★ Novice

Hello, I'm having a bit of a problem with game-generated townies (and my own sims when I try to age them up or down).

I've attached pictures, but the only way to describe it is an invisible face texture, with hair and teeth but no face.

It's very weird, and it's only happened in the last week or so.

I've tried turning off CC, because I do use a fair amount of it, but the problem persisted, and it seems to be across all my save files.

I have all the expansions and game packs so far, and my game is up to date.

I've searched for glitches like this online, but the only one I found that was similar was fixed by an Origin repair (which sadly didn't work for me).

I'm using Windows 10 and my graphics card is an NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970.

Thanks in advance for the help, hope the attached pictures don't traumatise anyone too much, haha...

Message 1 of 12 (38,002 Views)

Accepted Solution

Hero

Hi @kingalistair7

that looks scary

Are your drivers all updated ? 

Try resetting your user files as described in the factory reset described in this post: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/FAQ-Troubleshooting-Steps-amp-Known-Issues/m-p/3621199

You won't loose anything. Just make sure to not delete any files  and make a backup.

After renaming the folder, repair your game again.

Try on a new game with nothing added back first (start new game). If it works, put back your save game and try again. If it still works, you can start putting stuff back.

• Options.ini (or just re-set all your settings manually)
  • Tray Folder
  • Screenshots/Videos/Custom music
  • Rest of the save games (leave out slot_00000001.save which is the autosave)
  • Custom content like clothing, hair, skins, make up ....
  • Mods (one by one, making sure they all still work)

The rest does not need putting back, cause they are mostly cache files that recreate or log files that are not needed for the game.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 2 of 12 (39,513 Views)

All Replies

Hero

Hi @kingalistair7

that looks scary

Are your drivers all updated ? 

Try resetting your user files as described in the factory reset described in this post: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/FAQ-Troubleshooting-Steps-amp-Known-Issues/m-p/3621199

You won't loose anything. Just make sure to not delete any files  and make a backup.

After renaming the folder, repair your game again.

Try on a new game with nothing added back first (start new game). If it works, put back your save game and try again. If it still works, you can start putting stuff back.

• Options.ini (or just re-set all your settings manually)
  • Tray Folder
  • Screenshots/Videos/Custom music
  • Rest of the save games (leave out slot_00000001.save which is the autosave)
  • Custom content like clothing, hair, skins, make up ....
  • Mods (one by one, making sure they all still work)

The rest does not need putting back, cause they are mostly cache files that recreate or log files that are not needed for the game.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 12 (39,514 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I think I've figured out which file was causing me trouble!!
Looks like it was Cien's "No EA eyelashes", and looking at their download page I've seen a few people had reported a similar bug.

In the future I'll see if I can work around it because it's a great mod, but thank you so much for helping me out!!

I was worried I'd never be able to play again, haha.

Have a great day, thanks again~

Message 3 of 12 (37,959 Views)

Hero

Glad to hear you found the culprit

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 12 (37,954 Views)

★ Novice

thank you this was very helpful!

I had it too and I had the same glitch thanks again!

Message 5 of 12 (35,814 Views)

★★ Novice

Hello, What u said about removing the "No EA Lashes" It worked for me as well. Ty for that...

Message 6 of 12 (35,236 Views)

★★ Novice

I just wanted to say thank you so much.

I have been using the eyelash remover for ages but recently I turned on 'No CC for Random'.

Once it was turned on the faces just started glitching out and I got so scared.

I was not willing to turn CC back on so that the townies looked freaky again.

I was just playing and then this chick walks in without a face and at the start I thought she was wearing a thug mask but I knew I didn't have any so I immediately went onto Google. 

It was really strange to see that heaps of others had the same issue so I was pretty sure that it was CC related. 

However, this was the only real solution I found so I just wanted to say a MASSIVE thank you and now my townies are looking normal again! 

I just don't quite understand why it picked that moment to glitch but it's all good now.

Yay!

Thanks

Message 7 of 12 (33,755 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Thanks alot for helping me! I Have been looking for this solution for Months! And i've finally found it! Thank you alot <3

Message 8 of 12 (33,665 Views)

★ Novice
Thank you sooo much 2 years later from your post, I had the same issue! And thanks to you its fixed! Thank you so much for sharing!
Message 9 of 12 (31,824 Views)

★★★ Newbie

i have same thing buts not ea eyelashes its a mod but idk i have atleast 1000 mod dont know what to do! i dont wanna loose them but i might

Message 10 of 12 (29,601 Views)