by bananahh6

Original Post

Accepted Solution

invention constructor won't queue

★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.50.67.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get Famous, Cats & Dogs, Get to Work, Strangerville, Toddler Stuff, Vintage Glamour Stuff, Cool Kitchen Stuff, Holiday Celebration Pack
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Start in Science career, have 8 breakthroughs and unlock satellite dish on invention constructor
What happens when the bug occurs? Selecting anything unlocked after the sim ray will not queue up on the invention constructor. I'm unable to construct the satellite dish or the clone machine.
What do you expect to see? To be able to queue up construct satellite dish or clone machine on the invention constructor.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I've tried everything on this forum except for starting a new game: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/825932/unable-to-invent

Cleared cache, replaced the constructor, removed files, repairs, everything. Please help!

Message 1 of 6 (4,091 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: invention constructor won't queue

[ Edited ]
Hero

Hi @bananahh6 

I was able to figure out your issue

You have one (or more) phantom common crystals in your inventory. If you go through your inventory, you will see that you have in fact .. none but the inventor seems to think you do and hence gives you the option to create the objects but it falls out of queue cause the crystals are missing

Get some common crystals and you should be able to invent the simray and the dish

Only possibility I found to get rid of the phantom crystals (so they don't falsely show on the inventor), is to purge the inventory.

To do so, move everything you want to keep to another Sim (do keep one thing to make sure the cheat worked) and then make sure the affected Sim is active.

Put testingcheats true first and then type inventory.purge

This will remove everything from the Sims inventory and after that it should show correctly if you have the right ingredients or not.

Hope that helps you.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 5 of 6 (4,001 Views)

All Replies

Hero
What happens if you try to queue them ? Do you get any lastExceptions or does it just drop out of the queue or is it never added to the queue ?

Did you use any cheats at all ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 6 (4,084 Views)

★ Novice

Hi Crin,

Thanks for such a fast response! I'm not sure about lastExceptions, how would I find that out?

It's never added to the queue.

The only cheats I've used are motherlode. I tried bb.enablefreebuild because someone suggested that for replacing the invention constructor (read the replies that you don't need to do this to replace it, but thought I'd try just in case), and I tried the traits.equip_trait trait_Hidden_HasBeenScientist that I've seen posted on other forums similar to this. That's it though.

Message 3 of 6 (4,075 Views)

Hero

Hi @bananahh6 

in your doc folder, there's files called lastexception

Best thing is to delete all current ones you have and then trigger the error and check if new ones are created.

Would you be willing to share your save with me ?

• To share privately: Upload to google drive or drop box and send me a PM with the link
  • To share publicly (file < 20 MB): Create a .rar archive and attach your save to your post using upload file.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 6 (4,052 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

Hi @bananahh6 

I was able to figure out your issue

You have one (or more) phantom common crystals in your inventory. If you go through your inventory, you will see that you have in fact .. none but the inventor seems to think you do and hence gives you the option to create the objects but it falls out of queue cause the crystals are missing

Get some common crystals and you should be able to invent the simray and the dish

Only possibility I found to get rid of the phantom crystals (so they don't falsely show on the inventor), is to purge the inventory.

To do so, move everything you want to keep to another Sim (do keep one thing to make sure the cheat worked) and then make sure the affected Sim is active.

Put testingcheats true first and then type inventory.purge

This will remove everything from the Sims inventory and after that it should show correctly if you have the right ingredients or not.

Hope that helps you.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 5 of 6 (4,002 Views)

★ Novice
This worked, thank you so much! Standard smile
Message 6 of 6 (3,931 Views)