invalid email/password?

by SuperSmudge

Original Post

invalid email/password?

★★★ Newbie

When I bring up the Sims 3 and am about to enter my save, I try to log in, but it says "invalid email/password, try logging in again." I am positive I have the right password (I changed the very first time it said it) and the right email address. When I log in on the website, it works just fine, so its just the game. I have the original Sims 3 game, no expansion packs, and it is 100% up to date. Please help! Thank you in advance. Standard smile

Message 1 of 5 (2,505 Views)

Re: invalid email/password?

Hero

Can you login the launcher ? If so, login there first (on the welcome page) and then see if you're already logged in when you start the game or if it works then.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 5 (2,484 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Hi there!

I know that this comes SUPER late, but I had the same error and logging in within the launcher actually was the problem.

I had to start up the game from the launcher, click the three dots, there I clicked "start launcher" and there I just logged out, went back to the game and logged in there!

I don't know yet, if I have to do so every time from now on, because I didn't stop playing yet, sorry Frown

The answer still helped me a lot though, because I would never have thought that this could have somehow influenced the login window within the game before reading that here from you, so thank you!

Message 3 of 5 (1,854 Views)

★★ Novice

Hello, thank you so much for some reason this helped me. Before reading your post I had tried this many times after trying to login through the menu page. Whoever sees this please try not to log in right away, go straight to the three dots in the bottom left corner once you're in the game, click on options, go to the online tab, and then try to log in. I just rewrote the instructions a bit because I wasn't seeing the options you mentioned.

Message 4 of 5 (1,004 Views)

Since this thread is quite old, almost as old as this forum in fact, I'll lock it here.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 5 of 5 (998 Views)