interaction menu slow

by Millgaming1472

Original Post

Re: interaction menu slow

★★★★★ Novice

I see, I’ve already done this once due to my laptop slowing down, but i’ll get to resetting/reinstalling windows now.

Message 11 of 26 (1,191 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@kreatora In my windows security, I have the option for a ‘Fresh start’ would you suggest I use that, or Reset my Pc from Settings?
Message 12 of 26 (1,189 Views)

Hero (Retired)
@Millgaming1472

I would like to try the reset first and see if it helps
Message 13 of 26 (1,181 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@kreatora Alright, thankyou!
Message 14 of 26 (1,174 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@kreatora I have reset my Pc and ran the scan again; I still have corrupt files that windows resource protection was unable to fix, if you are unable to help any further, then thankyou for trying!
Message 15 of 26 (1,146 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@kreatora It has been a while now and my issue is still not resolved, I’ve been continuing trying to find a fix, is there still nothing you can suggest?
Message 16 of 26 (1,095 Views)

@Millgaming1472  Your computer is relatively weak for Sims 4, so it's not surprising that it would struggle.  Please list the expansion and game packs you currently have installed (you don't need to list stuff packs).  Please also run a new dxdiag, in case anything's changed.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

Move your entire Sims 4 game folder out of Documents\Electronic Arts and onto your desktop; when you launch the game, a clean folder will be created with no content.  Don't add anything at all to this new folder.  Start a new save for testing, and let me know how the game runs: do you get delays, does it crash, that kind of thing.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 17 of 26 (1,089 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@puzzlezaddict The game/expansion packs I have installed are cats and dogs, city living, get to work, seasons, parenthood and vampires, I do have a stuff pack aswell but you said it doesn't need to be listed. I will link my dxdiag in my next reply.
Message 18 of 26 (1,048 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

This is my updated dxdiag, checked/downloaded today.

Message 19 of 26 (1,045 Views)

@Millgaming1472   I apologize for the delay.

Given the errors in your new dxdiag, it's a good idea to run DISM and sfc again, just to be completely thorough.  I'd also like to see a log from sfc once it's run.  Here's what to do:

• Hit Windows key-X
  • Choose either “PowerShell (Administrator)” or “Command prompt (Administrator),” whichever option is offered
  • Inside the window that appears, copy and paste “DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth” without quotes into the window, and enter
  • The system will start validating soon. If it throws an error, please list it here
  • After it reaches 100%, hit Windows key-X again
  • Again, choose “PowerShell (Administrator)” or “Command prompt (Administrator)”
  • Inside the window, copy and paste “sfc /scannow” without quotes into the window, and enter
  • Post the message you receive here

Unless sfc reports it found no corrupt files, please do the following:

• In the search box in the lower left corner of your screen, type cmd
  • Command Prompt will be listed; click Run as administrator
  • Copy and paste this command:  findstr /c:"[SR]" %windir%\Logs\CBS\CBS.log >"%userprofile%\Desktop\sfcdetails.txt ,  and enter
  • The log will land on your desktop; please attach it here

However, it may be that your processor is just too weak to run the game properly.  You can try to get the best performance possible by not running anything besides Origin alongside the game, by playing while your computer is offline, and a few other minor adjustments.  (I can list them if you like.)  But once you've ruled out system errors, there's only so much improvement you can get.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 20 of 26 (991 Views)