instant-gaming code has already been redeemed? :/

by EggyLady

Original Post

Product key invalid in Sim 3 community

★★★ Newbie

Hi guys, I bought my Sim 3 Starter Pack about 2 years ago and am trying to register in Sim 3 community to use the features. I found the product key but when I tried to register, it said my product was invalid. Any had the same issue or a solution to this?

Message 180 of 194 (881 Views)

Re: Product key invalid in Sim 3 community

@ybur16  Did you register the product key in Origin, or buy the content directly from Origin?  In either case, the key would already be used: because the Sims 3 site and Origin share information, a key registered within one will not work in the other.  But your Origin account should work on the Sims 3 site; just use the same email address and password on the site that you use within Origin, and your game should already be present.  And this applies for anyone whose Origin game library contains a copy of Sims 3, regardless of how it was bought.

If you didn't buy from Origin and never registered your key, then you'll need to contact EA customer support and ask for help.  It's a good idea to upload photos or screenshots of any relevant info: a receipt or email purchase confirmation, a photo of the disc, case, and insert with the product key showing, etc.

https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 181 of 194 (867 Views)
Highlighted

instant-gaming code has already been redeemed? :/

★ Novice

I purchased a code from instant-gaming for the sims 3 and when used it in origin it said its already been redeemed? I sent a ticket on their customer service but ive had no reply. Are they suppose to reply but email? I just want the game. I payed for it. I feel scammed :/

Message 182 of 194 (789 Views)

Re: instant-gaming code has already been redeemed? :/

@EggyLady  You may well have been scammed, by Instant Gaming.  Or rather, by whoever sold Instant Gaming the product key that it sold to you.  This is the risk in buying from an unauthorized third-party seller: you can never be sure you're receiving a legitimate product.

Your only move now is to ask for your money back.  In the future, if you want to avoid situations like this, it's better to buy from Origin itself, or from an authorized vendor.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/where-to-buy-ea-games-v2/

Message 183 of 194 (783 Views)

★★★ Newbie

you bought it. right. I like so much. That is the right choice.

Message 184 of 194 (720 Views)

@petersmith9999  Is there something you need help with?  If so, please describe the issue in detail.

Message 185 of 194 (704 Views)

Sims 3 expansion pack does not work (CD Code)

★★★ Newbie

I bought Sims 3 on Origin since I lost my CD to install the main game. As supposed I tried to connect my expansion pack Sims 3 pets with Origin, using the Code from the CD. But it didn't work because I "already used" this Code. Of course, I used this Code before since I played Sims 3 way back with the CDs. But then I tried another expansion pack and it worked.

How can I get Sims 3 Pets to work with Origin? I don't want to buy it again, paying 40$, for an expansion pack I have already gotten.

Is there a way to install it using the CD and then connect it to IOrigin afterward?

If needed I can provide proof that I own this pack.

Thank you.

Message 186 of 194 (693 Views)

Re: Sims 3 expansion pack does not work (CD Code)

@VentiWineLover  You might be able to get Origin to accept a disc install of this pack.  But the more likely outcome is that while the pack installs, Origin doesn't validate it and won't show Pets in the launcher or load it in-game.

Do you remember the account on which you used the product key?  If you can access that old account, even temporarily, you could ask EA customer support to merge it into your current one.  Store content wouldn't transfer, but the pack should.

Otherwise, you can still contact support and ask for help, but it might be bit harder to get this resolved.  Take a photo showing the disc, its case, and the insert with the code printed on the back.  You can upload the photo when you submit the help request.

https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/

Message 187 of 194 (685 Views)

Sims 3 won't install because my key is invalid.

★★★ Newbie

I want to play sims 3 and origin says my key is invalid. I bought these years ago, spent hundreds on the series and I can't play them. I did not need origin when I played it originally, now its a requirement and my account does not have it. Is this legal? I purchased the game and I can't play it? Any other game company lets you play unlimited times, especially for the amount being spent. $40 per expansion and can only play once? Computers dont last for decades to play these games for a lifetime.

Message 188 of 194 (656 Views)

Re: Sims 3 won't install because my key is invalid.

@KateKate1990  Please make sure that the game isn't already in your Origin library.  There's a Filter menu in the upper right corner; dismiss all the filters, in case the game somehow became hidden.  If you do find it, you can download it directly from Origin without needing to input a product key.

If the game isn't in the library of your current Origin account, perhaps you originally registered it under another account.  If you used the Sims 3 Store site, that would count: the store and Origin share information.  So you could just sign into Origin with whatever email address you used on the store site, and your content should be in that account's library.

The other option, if available, would be to install without Origin at all.  A base game disc manufactured before September 2012 does not require Origin to be present, and if you own all your packs on disc, you wouldn't need to involve Origin at all.  You can check the copyright date on the box for the base game disc—it's on the back of the box in the fine print.  Let me know if you'd like help installing via disc.

Message 189 of 194 (629 Views)