installing sim3

by hawthorneblack_x

Original Post

installing sim3

★★ Novice

When I tried to install sims 3, this comes up.

Any suggestions

Message 1 of 8 (526 Views)

Re: installing sim3

@hawthorneblack_x  I've moved your post to the Sims 3 PC tech section.

Have you tried the steps described in the error message?  Specifically: reboot your computer, disable any antivirus/firewall programs you have, and run Origin as an admin.  (Right-click on the Origin shortcut and select "Run as administrator.")  If that doesn't work, please run a dxdiag and attach it to a post here.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 8 (505 Views)

★★ Novice

Ive already rebooted my computer multiple times and disabled my antivirus. I play on mac and when I try to right click to select admin, I don't see the option.

Message 3 of 8 (494 Views)

@hawthorneblack_x  Sorry, I didn't realize you were on a Mac; the suggestion in the error message to run Origin in admin mode threw me off.  Doing so is only an option in Windows.  In macOS, you should have full permissions already if your user account is an admin.  To check, click the Apple icon in the upper left corner of your screen and select System Preferences, then Users & Groups (for me, it's in the bottom row, second from the left).  In the panel on the left, your username will be listed, and it should say what kind of account you have: admin, standard, etc.

However, judging from your other post, maybe you're running macOS Catalina?  If so, then you can't run Sims 3 on this computer.  Unlike Sims 4, TS3 is a 32-bit app, and Catalina is 64-bit only.  EA has announced that it will release a 64-bit compatible version of Sims 3 in early 2020, but until then, there's no way to run the game in Catalina.  Your options would be to Bootcamp your Mac (i.e. partition your hard drive and install Windows on one side), or to install Mojave on an external hard drive.

If you're not running Catalina, please let me know.

Message 4 of 8 (483 Views)

★★ Novice

Yes Ive already installed mac 0S Catalina.

Message 5 of 8 (462 Views)

@hawthorneblack_x  Then there's currently no way for you to install Sims 3 on your computer, other than installing another OS first.  If it's any consolation, you'll be able to play the new version of TS3 (for free) when it's released in early 2020.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-Mac/An-announcement-for-The-Sims-3-players-on-Mac/td-p/82...

Message 6 of 8 (454 Views)

★★ Novice

what do you mean another OS?

Message 7 of 8 (442 Views)

[ Edited ]

@hawthorneblack_x  I mean that your only option for now is to run Sims 3 in another operating system.  There are several ways to do this, depending on your preferences and the amount of free storage you have on your Mac.  Here is an excellent article on the subject, complete with descriptions of your various choices:

https://bluebellflora.com/running-32-bit-apps-after-macos-mojave/

If you have any questions about the various options, feel free to ask.

Message 8 of 8 (432 Views)