installed the sims 4 by disk but it says it a trial, help please.

by ATforlife

Original Post

Accepted Solution

installed the sims 4 by disk but it says it a trial, help please.

★★ Newbie

ok so I recently got the sims 4 game on disk, however after installing the game it is saying it is a trial.

I have a code but when installing it the code was never needed, so do I wait for the trial to end and then type in the code or do I need to do something else??

Message 1 of 18 (6,152 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: installed the sims 4 by disk but it says it a trial, help please.

You do need to use the code, you can redeem it when the trail is over or through Origin (Origin > Redeem code).

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

View in thread

Message 2 of 18 (7,341 Views)

All Replies

You do need to use the code, you can redeem it when the trail is over or through Origin (Origin > Redeem code).

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 2 of 18 (7,342 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Seems like it really did work! thanks

Message 3 of 18 (5,675 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Yes, but when I tried it it now says my code is invalid what do I do?

Message 4 of 18 (5,456 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@polk09865

Do the message say "the code is invalid?" then you probably wrote something wrong, check the code again and make sure everything is correct. Or did the error message say something else?

Message 5 of 18 (5,442 Views)

I'm trying to register my game but it says the serial code is invalid/already used

Depending on the situation the solution to this may vary.

You bought the game on Origin
If you bought the game on Origin, it's not necessary to register the code anywhere. Download the Origin Client here: http://origin.com/download, log in with the same email you bought the game with and find the game in the Game Library tab within the Origin Client to download. You don't need the serial code.

You bought the game on DVD and the box was sealed
Make sure you typed the code right. The following letters look very similar and are easily mistaken for each other

• 0, O and D
  • 8 and B
  • Z and 2

If it still says it's invalid, try taking it back to the store you bought it from and exchange it. If they are not willing to do that, contact an EA Game Advisor with proof of purchase ready.

You bought the game on DVD and the box was not sealed/it's a used game
Used games cannot be re-registered. Take it back to where you bought it and get a refund.

You bought a key from a key seller
Contact the key seller for a replacement. If you bought the game from an unauthorized seller, it's possible that EA blocked the key if they were bought fraudulently by the seller. You're better off to only buy from authorized sellers.

You have already registered the game yourself and are trying to reinstall the game
The game does not need to be registered again. Login in the Origin Client with the Email/PW you first registered the game on and download and install the game from there. The game only needs to be registered once and you won't need the code again after your initial registration. This is true for both the DVD and the download version. You can skip the activation step on reinstalling.

Source: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/FAQ-Serial-Codes-Game-Activation-and-Download-Issues/td-p/422823...

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 6 of 18 (5,434 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Please stop assuming that you know how to help everyone as it's annoying. The game that I purchased from target was new and sealed. When I originally installed it on my home PC, it was a requirement to create an origin account. After creating the account, I played the game then after months passed, origin would not let me play the game. Message stated free trial ended. WTH? I paid $39.99 plus tax for this game, it wasn't free. Now I cannot play it on my PC using the physical discs that were installed. Please don't give me the same generic bs response as the other users. If you don't know how to help....don't respond.

Message 7 of 18 (5,392 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@cyborggoddess

99% of the people with your problem gets their problem fixed by the answer above. If you are not one on them, I'm sorry. I still believe there is a chance that you logged in to the wrong account. I've also done that once, I didn't even know my other email address had an account.

We are only other gamers like you trying to help, we cannot check your account and such. During the weekends and especially days like this (new years eve), you can't expect the EA Community Managers to read all the posts here Standard smile

If you can't get help from the tips that we give you, and really think that EA has done something wrong, well, then you have an issue with your account. And no one here can help you with that, not even the CMs. You need to contact EA support. I've used it myself and like the live chat option. Standard smile

https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/new/

Here are some tips on how to do it if it's complicated!
https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/How-to-contact-an-Advisor-via-EA-Help/m-p/5650100

Good Luck! :eahigh_file:

Message 8 of 18 (5,383 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I had the same problem, after finding this I was thinking oh great! I put my serial code into the redeem part and then got worried I did it before it finished downloading... Then my download was taking FOREVER and found an other forum about that. I ended up cancelling my download, loging out of origin, restarting my PC loging back in and it changed from trial to 'new' also had my expansion packs there ready for download so that seemed to work for that... But not my download 😭 I guess I wont be playing tonight.

Message 9 of 18 (4,415 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@WickedMinx11

Rightclick the game in Game Library and select repair.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 10 of 18 (4,392 Views)