Re: infinite household loading

by CMeki

Original Post

Accepted Solution

infinite household loading

★ Guide

Hi there,

I have an issue with a certain household in my save file. I can open the save file and enter other households without any problems but the main household that I play on does not seem to load. When selecting that household, the loading screen appears as it should but after around 30 seconds, the plumbob stops spinning and the game basically freezes. When looking at my GPU activity in the task manager, I can observe that at that instant the activity drops to 0%.

This started happening this evening. I have not installed any update or any new content.

All help is appreciated. 

Message 1 of 5 (600 Views)

Accepted Solution

Champion (Retired)

@WhiteLotussX

Hi! Maybe you could try resetting your game Standard smile

Resetting your files to factory settings

• Make a backup; copy your The Sims 4-folder from C:\Users\Username\Documents\Electronic Arts to an external drive or somewhere else on your computer, for example your desktop.
  • Rename the The Sims 4-folder in C:\Users\Username\Documents\Electronic Arts to The Sims 4_backup
  • Start the game, make a new save, and see if the error is gone. 
    (The game will have created a new The Sims 4-folder in your documents, this is supposed to happen)

• If yes, continue
      • If no, post a reply telling us the error is still there
  • Start putting folders back in the new The Sims 4-folder. Observe! After every file/folder, start the game and make sure it still works, before putting in the next one.
    • Options.ini - your game settings
    • Saves - your old saves. The sub-folders are not needed. If putting these back causes problem, try putting one back at a time.
    • Screenshots
    • Custom music - if you have any
    • Tray - your library objects; like lots, rooms and sims
    • Mods - your mods and cc, might cause problems when putting back

If putting back one of the folders was problematic and you did not work it out, please post a reply and we'll see if we can find what your problem is!

Source: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/the-sims/the-sims-4/backing-up-and-resetting-the-sims-4/

Good Luck! Standard smile

View in thread

Message 2 of 5 (727 Views)

All Replies

Champion (Retired)

@WhiteLotussX

Hi! Maybe you could try resetting your game Standard smile

Resetting your files to factory settings

• Make a backup; copy your The Sims 4-folder from C:\Users\Username\Documents\Electronic Arts to an external drive or somewhere else on your computer, for example your desktop.
  • Rename the The Sims 4-folder in C:\Users\Username\Documents\Electronic Arts to The Sims 4_backup
  • Start the game, make a new save, and see if the error is gone. 
    (The game will have created a new The Sims 4-folder in your documents, this is supposed to happen)

• If yes, continue
      • If no, post a reply telling us the error is still there
  • Start putting folders back in the new The Sims 4-folder. Observe! After every file/folder, start the game and make sure it still works, before putting in the next one.
    • Options.ini - your game settings
    • Saves - your old saves. The sub-folders are not needed. If putting these back causes problem, try putting one back at a time.
    • Screenshots
    • Custom music - if you have any
    • Tray - your library objects; like lots, rooms and sims
    • Mods - your mods and cc, might cause problems when putting back

If putting back one of the folders was problematic and you did not work it out, please post a reply and we'll see if we can find what your problem is!

Source: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/the-sims/the-sims-4/backing-up-and-resetting-the-sims-4/

Good Luck! Standard smile

Message 2 of 5 (728 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@CMeki

Thanks for the help. I reset my game using what you said and it worked fine, until now.

I am experiencing the same issues as yesterday with the same household. This time not when loading into the game but when travelling back to my home after a social event that the game cancelled somehow while I was there. I guess resetting the game again would fix this, but since it has happened twice in 24 hours now, there should be a more permanent fix to this issue than just keep resetting the game which is quite time consuming.

Edit: Closing the game and reloading the save file seems to work just fine as well. (Latest save is from 1 hour before the crash) I checked my Sims 4 folder and a last exception file was created at the time of the crash. I can't seem to add it to this message so I copied it here:

<?xml version="1.0" ?><root>
<report><version>2</version><sessionid>d32add1453a2fd0f5a51e8a0</sessionid><type>desync</type><sku>ea.maxis.sims4_64.15.pc</sku><createtime>2018-01-07 15:33:34</createtime><buildsignature>Local.Unknown.Unknown.1.37.35.1010-1.300.000.106.Release</buildsignature><categoryid>log.py:833</categoryid><desyncid>d32add1453a2fd0f5a51e8a0</desyncid><systemconfig/><screenshot/><desyncdata>[tingyul] Exception thrown while loading an object in an inventory. &#13;&#10;Object: object_collectible_painting_Microscope_2x1x1_01:0x0534059c8ae601cb Owner:  (AssertionError: [Object Manager] [tingyul] Attempting to move an object that is not in this manager)&#13;&#10;Traceback (most recent call last):&#13;&#10;  File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\areaserver.py", line 111, in wrapped&#13;&#10;  File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\areaserver.py", line 107, in finally_wrap&#13;&#10;  File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Core\sims4\utils.py", line 173, in wrapper&#13;&#10;  File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Core\sims4\utils.py", line 191, in wrapper&#13;&#10;  File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\areaserver.py", line 347, in c_api_client_connect&#13;&#10;  File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\zone.py", line 514, in do_zone_spin_up&#13;&#10;  File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\zone_spin_up_service.py", line 1178, in update&#13;&#10;  File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\zone_spin_up_service.py", line 554, in on_enter&#13;&#10;  File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\sims\sim_spawner_service.py", line 619, in batch_spawn_during_zone_spin_up&#13;&#10;  File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\sims\sim_spawner_service.py", line 788, in _spawn_next_sim&#13;&#10;  File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\sims\sim_spawner_service.py", line 821, in _spawn_requested_sim&#13;&#10;  File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\sims\sim_spawner.py", line 409, in spawn_sim&#13;&#10;  File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\sims\sim_info.py", line 1663, in create_sim_instance&#13;&#10;  File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\objects\system.py", line 178, in create_object&#13;&#10;  File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\objects\object_manager.py", line 497, in add&#13;&#10;  File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\indexed_manager.py", line 165, in add&#13;&#10;  File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\objects\object_manager.py", line 83, in call_on_add&#13;&#10;  File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\indexed_manager.py", line 280, in call_on_add&#13;&#10;  File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\sims\sim.py", line 2326, in on_add&#13;&#10;  File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\objects\components\inventory.py", line 645, in load_items&#13;&#10;  File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\objects\components\sim_inventory_component.py", line 113, in _load_item&#13;&#10;  File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\objects\components\inventory.py", line 655, in _create_inventory_object&#13;&#10;  File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\objects\system.py", line 186, in create_object&#13;&#10;  File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\objects\components\inventory.py", line 655, in &lt;lambda&gt;&#13;&#10;  File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\objects\components\inventory.py", line 663, in _post_create_object&#13;&#10;  File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\objects\game_object.py", line 943, in load_object&#13;&#10;  File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\objects\script_object.py", line 1618, in load_object&#13;&#10;  File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\objects\script_object.py", line 1701, in load&#13;&#10;  File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\objects\components\inventory_item.py", line 748, in load&#13;&#10;  File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\objects\components\inventory.py", line 313, in add_from_load&#13;&#10;  File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\objects\components\inventory.py", line 329, in _insert_item&#13;&#10;  File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\objects\components\inventory_storage.py", line 169, in insert&#13;&#10;  File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\objects\components\inventory_storage.py", line 272, in _insert&#13;&#10;  File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\objects\object_manager.py", line 486, in move_to_inventory&#13;&#10;  File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Core\sims4\log.py", line 833, in assert_raise&#13;&#10;AssertionError: [Object Manager] [tingyul] Attempting to move an object that is not in this manager&#13;&#10;</desyncdata></report>
</root>

Message 3 of 5 (564 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@WhiteLotussX

Hm, I see.. Well, I don't know how to read LastException files, only the game devs can do that correctly. But it ight have something to do with what's in your sims inventory? What do they have in their inventory?

Exception thrown while loading an object in an inventory.

Object: object_collectible_painting_Microscope

Attempting to move an object that is not in this manager

Could you try deleting/selling this potential painting?

Sometimes also saves become corrupt, not often but it can happen. Usually because of mods but not always. Do you still have your backup from earlier?

Make a new one right away or better: get it from the trash can if you can.

You can roll back few saves if this is the case, but then you need your old save files. I think you can rollback maybe 6 saves.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/the-sims/the-sims-4/how-to-restore-a-previous-saved-game-in-the-sims-...

You don't have to do this now but if you want to in the future you'll need those saves Standard smile

Did you have any mods/cc? Try to remove them and see if the game works better.
For example, move the mods folder from C:\Users\Username\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4 to your Desktop and start the game.

Message 4 of 5 (551 Views)

★ Guide

@CMeki

I used the roll back option as you mentioned to go back to the previous save that I mentioned in my previous post. In the backed up game there is no microscope painting in any of my sims' inventories, but I don't remember if that was the case when the game froze. Especially one of my sims has a lot of stuff in its inventory; lots of the collectibles and plants. 

I do have some custom content in my game but these are only retextures of some items which should not interfere with loading, since then it should happen with all saves I suppose. 

Thanks for the help and I will post here again when I find something.

Message 5 of 5 (539 Views)