Re: im having problems with the sims 4

by BlackjackWidow

Original Post

im having problems with the sims 4

★★★ Newbie

I have recently downloaded The Sims 4 and when i try to start up the game 3 things pop up. ''The code execution cannot proceed because MSVCP120.dll was not found. Reinstalling the program may fix the problem'' ''The code execution cannot proceed because MSVCR120.dll was not found. Reinstalling the program may fix the problem'' and then ''The code execution cannot proceed because OrangeEmu64.DLL was not found. Reinstalling the program may fix the problem'' 

I have searched about these errors and I have tried installing Visual + cc and installing orange emu files and all that but the error stays the same. I am not sure what to do.

Message 1 of 3 (5,588 Views)

@yesokthxegg  I've moved your post to the Sims 4 tech section.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 3 (5,572 Views)
Highlighted

Hero (Retired)

Hi @yesokthxegg - these are error messages due to missing redistributable packages. Installing a Visual C++ package was a good thought, but it may have been corrupted, or was the wrong one. Please uninstall the packages that you tried and reboot your computer. Once that's done, start Origin "As Administrator" - Right-click the Origin shortcut, choose "Run As Administrator", click to accept the warning prompt and open Origin.

Make sure you're online, then right-click The Sims 4 and choose "Repair". Let the entire repair process run (it has to run for all the packages you own, so if you have any packs let it repair those as well). Once the repair completes, try launching the game again.

Definitely reply back and let us know if this worked for you. If you still can't run the game, please reply back with any error messages you are having and attach a dxdiag : How to dxdiag.

Message 3 of 3 (5,536 Views)