i keep getting "command failed"

by RomRomAD

Original Post

i keep getting "command failed"

★★★ Newbie

hi, I have this issue where no matter what some commands just don't work. lets say, bb.showhiddenobjects used to work perfectly fine for weeks. one day it just stopped working and kept saying "command failed". i looked online and everyone said to do testingcheats and to make sure im typing it properly. i kept trying to fix it but ended up kinda giving up and moving on. but then bb.ignoregameplayunlocksentitlement stopped working too. i don't know why so i'm here asking you for help Frown

i have some cc and mods but i have it for months now and it never caused any issues so i doubt this has something to do with all of this.

Message 1 of 3 (6,262 Views)

Re: i keep getting "command failed"

★★★ Newbie

I also tried repairing my game but it didn't help Frown

Message 2 of 3 (6,246 Views)

Re: i keep getting "command failed"

Hero (Retired)
@RomRomAD

After each update, most scripts mods, and a large part CC will be spoiled and will spoil the game. The older versions of your mods, the greater the risk.I suppose that one of the outdating script mods is a reason for this,
1. Move the mods folder to the desktop.
2. Find and delete localthumbcache.package file in the game folder. Delete also all folders with the word "cache" in the name.
3. Fix the game in Origin.
Origin/Library - right-click on TS4 - option "Repair game"
You have to wait until Origin will fix all packs, not only the base game.
4. Turn on the game to create a new, empty mods folder and check if the game is working now properly without mods
5. Check if there are new updated versions of the mods and CC you are using.
Then copy from desktop your mods and CC and paste it in the new mods folder. First, paste script mods one by one every time checking if the game is OK.
Do the same with CC but if you have a lot of this, try the 50/50 method. (Divide your CC into smaller batches for example 50 pieces in one subfolder and check these subfolders one by one)

I don't work for EA
Message 3 of 3 (6,198 Views)