Re: i just got a new windows 10 pro and got the sims 4 deluxe edition but it cra

by roberta591

Original Post

i just got a new windows 10 pro and got the sims 4 deluxe edition but it crashed

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

There's hardly anything on my computer, i have more than enough space and compared my cpu to the recomended and its more than enough yet my game crashes everytime i open it. it started off as a white screen but ive gotten as far the main menu but it starts heating up and making a noise and then it freezes so i reset my computer. ive put both origin and sims as a administrator and it still crashes. ive gone into setting to try and put it at a better performance can i cant figure out how to do that. ive been trying to get it to work for atleast 6 hours and nothing works. i need help plz.

Message 1 of 10 (456 Views)

Re: i just got a new windows 10 pro and got the sims 4 deluxe edition but it cra

Hey @Disn3yLv3r,

I've moved your post to a more relevant board than EA General Questions.

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 2 of 10 (433 Views)

★★★ Newbie

ok tysm

Message 3 of 10 (430 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@Disn3yLv3r Please post your computers dxdiag - how to collect dxdiag data and then attach the .txt file creatd to the paper clip in the lower right of the forum respanse window.

Message 4 of 10 (407 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Here's the file

Message 5 of 10 (399 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@Disn3yLv3r 

You have a workstation neither the Xeon Processor or the Nvidia Quadro card was ever intended for gaming and I'm not sure that the game even supports them. I can see that the computer only uses the built-in graphics If you visit nvidia.com and get a driver for the NVIDIA Quadro M1200 it may help.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 6 of 10 (353 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I'm not entirely sure what you mean. What do I need for my computer to run games?

Message 7 of 10 (331 Views)

@Disn3yLv3r  Your computer should already be able to run Sims 4.  Although your graphics card may not be supported, that's not a real problem.  What might be an issue is that your GPU and its driver are optimized for professional workloads, not for gaming.  But usually the only outcome is that a given game doesn't run quite as well as the hardware suggests it could, not that the game doesn't run at all.

Your dxdiag does show a number of errors related to the graphics driver.  So the place to start is with a clean uninstall and reinstall of the Nvidia driver.  Here's how:

https://crinrict.com/blog/2019/02/clean-re-install-of-graphics-drivers-with-display-driver-uninstall...

Use the newest driver provided by Dell, which is a little older than the newest Nvidia driver but may be better-suited for your laptop:

https://www.dell.com/support/home/en-us/product-support/product/precision-15-5520-laptop/drivers

After installing the driver, restart your computer before trying to play.

You may also want to review the Dell downloads page for other missing updates.  For example, there's a very new BIOS update you don't have, although in the absence of any related issues or new features you want, it's not necessary to update a computer's BIOS every time a new version is released.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 8 of 10 (319 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I went through the whole process and I loaded up the game and got a little passed the main menu but it still ended up crashing my computer. I think the problem could be one of two things, one my computer is blocking sims for using the graphics driver and I can't figure out how to give it access since its not a application. Two is I think the sims file may have some sort of corruption but when I try to repair, redownload, and/or factory reset it still has those files which causes it to run into a problem when running. I think i've gone through and deleted the files a couple different times but then it says I can't play the game with them so I have to redownload or repair the game which then re-adds the corrupted files. I'm unsure what to do about these problems.

Message 9 of 10 (310 Views)

@Disn3yLv3r  Which files are you trying to delete that keep coming back?  If you're getting an error that mentions a specific file or set of files, please post a screenshot.  Repairing should replace any missing or corrupt program files with intact copies, and a factory reset will do the same for user data, so unless your antivirus is blocking the game or Origin, the new files shouldn't be corrupt.

On that note, try setting exceptions for TS4_x64.exe and Origin.exe in your antivirus, that is if you have one.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 10 of 10 (266 Views)