Re: i have updated the sims and my family's have disapeared?

by Cuddly_Poochydex

Original Post

i have updated the sims and my family's have disapeared?

★★★ Newbie

hi 

i have the sims 4 on my computer and i have just updated the game, when i went into the game all my saved family's had gone and they were no where to be seen. 

please help 

thanks

Message 1 of 4 (318 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
I'm not too sure if this will help, but maybe check in your game's save files? (They are located at: Documents, Electronic arts, The Sims 4, Saves)
Message 2 of 4 (301 Views)

Hero (Retired)
@melz1605

Do you use OneDrive?

I don't work for EA
Message 3 of 4 (295 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

@melz1605 

You mention not being able to find your families in-game. Do you still have your saved games in your Sims 4\saves folder? [C:\Users\Username\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\saves]

If you're missing your saved games, check that they are still in your Sims 4 folder. You can do this by searching your computer for the Sims 4. Do this by clicking the Start button and in the Search bar type Sims 4 and follow the path it gives you.

Default path for the Sims 4 user files is - C:\Users\Username\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\saves

If you're not finding the files there, the computer may have created a new folder for you in the Electronic Arts folder. Or moved the files to OneDrive.

OneDrive and Sims 4 don't work well together. The game saves need to be in the Documents\Electronic Arts\ The Sims 4 folder for the game to recognize any of the saves. Any save files can be safely moved to the Sims 4\saves folder

It is best to turn off or disable One Drive for Sims 4. So this mixup doesn't happen again.

How To: Turn off, disable, or uninstall OneDrive
https://support.office.com/en-us/article/turn-off-disable-or-uninstall-onedrive-f32a17ce-3336-40fe-9...

Message 4 of 4 (269 Views)