Re: i have a MAC not a PC

by rumbutter

Original Post

i have a MAC not a PC

★★★ Newbie
is there anything EA GAMES can do about my sims 4 not being compatible with the MAC computer system. i bought this game thinking it would be compatible with my mac just ilke sims 3 has been in the past. i was really looking forward to playing this game but it never loaded. any advice as to how i can play sims 4. best buy wont allow me to return it due to copy-write laws. i need to know if ea can possibly due anything for me iv eplayed and bought sims for years. a loyal customer would just like some insight please. thanks
Message 1 of 3 (262 Views)

Re: You have a MAC not a PC, no Sims 4 for OSX

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

Use Bootcamp with a copy of Windows. 

What are the minimum hardware requirements for The Sims 4?

REQUIRED: Internet connection required for product activation.
    OS: Windows XP (SP3), Windows Vista (SP2), Windows 7 (SP1), Windows 8,
        or Windows 8.1
    PROCESSOR: 1.8 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, AMD Athlon 64 Dual-Core 4000+ or equivalent
        (For computers using built-in graphics chipsets, the game requires 2.0 GHz
        Intel Core 2 Duo, 2.0 GHz AMD Turion 64 X2 TL-62 or equivalent)
    MEMORY: At least 2 GB RAM
    HARD DRIVE: At least 9 GB of free space with at least 1 GB additional space for
        custom content and saved games
    DVD-ROM: DVD ROM drive required for installation only
    VIDEO CARD: 128 MB of Video RAM and support for Pixel Shader 3.0.
    Supported Video Cards: NVIDIA GeForce 6600 or better, ATI Radeon X1300 or better,
        Intel GMA X4500 or better
    SOUND CARD: DirectX 9.0c Compatible
    DIRECTX: DirectX 9.0c compatible
    INPUT: Keyboard and Mouse

Message 2 of 3 (255 Views)

Re: i have a MAC not a PC

Hero (Retired)

^this

there was an announcment that EA are working on a Mac version but no details of when that wikll be date wise

http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/INFO-Sims-4-Currently-NOT-for-Mac-but-EA-is-working-on-a-Mac/m-p...

http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/Guide-Running-Windows-on-your-Mac/td-p/3247679

Message 3 of 3 (245 Views)