Re: i cant catch certain fish anymore

by DonroaAkashu

Original Post

i cant catch certain fish anymore

★ Novice

I've started a new family on my game and was attempting to catch all fish, i now know there is some sort of problem with this, one of the fish i cant catch is the angler fish and 2 other rare base game fish (not the bat fish i catch that all the time),

I fish in the hidden worlds with the correct bait and have 4 level 10 fishers going at it constantly (they've been got reward traits to fill their needs so they never stop) for over an hour in real time just running the game on x2 speed nothing i just never catch them, iv tried having sims fish in other locations and adding in fishing spots to a public lot and having my sims fish in them all but no new fish.

Ive tried removing all cc and fixing the game through origin already and it made no difference i even ran it with 5 sims while checking the game after fixing and removing stuff but ive yet to find any of these fish, starting to wonder if its a bug and they're just not randomly generating

Message 1 of 4 (481 Views)

@Rosie2731  I've moved your post to the Sims 4 PC tech section, since it sounds like you're playing TS4 and not another sims game.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 4 (454 Views)

★ Novice
@puzzlezaddict thank you im new to using the forum (most of the time any question i had was already answered by other players) not quite sure how to get everything where i need it to be just yet
Message 3 of 4 (414 Views)

★★★★ Expert

@Rosie2731  Here is a very good guide for fishing:

https://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/skills/fishing/

Which of the fish mentioned have you not caught yet? Do you have all the required packs for them? Are you fishing in the for each fish specifically recommended places, using the right bait? 

I would also suggest to exit your game and delete the localthumbcache.package in The Sims 4 folder in Documents \ Electronic Arts. 

Message 4 of 4 (403 Views)