i can't change my sims body type

by wynnecox

Original Post

Accepted Solution

i can't change my sims body type

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

I can't change the body type. It doesn't edit in cas or the manage worlds. It only shows the tattoo options. How do I chane the body type?

Message 1 of 16 (192,819 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: i can't change my sims body type

Hero

Hi @wynnecox 

Is this for editing existing Sims or also if you create a new one ?

If it's just for editing, you need to have fullcas access as you can't edit body types of existing Sims without a cheat.

To do so open the cheat console with ctrl-shift c

1. Type testingcheats on
  2. Type cas.fulleditmode on
  3. Then shift-click on the Sim you want to edit and choose Modify in CAS (or use the householdmanager)

You should then see the sliders

If it's a general issue also when you create a new Sim, are you using mods ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 2 of 16 (192,795 Views)

All Replies

Hero

Hi @wynnecox 

Is this for editing existing Sims or also if you create a new one ?

If it's just for editing, you need to have fullcas access as you can't edit body types of existing Sims without a cheat.

To do so open the cheat console with ctrl-shift c

1. Type testingcheats on
  2. Type cas.fulleditmode on
  3. Then shift-click on the Sim you want to edit and choose Modify in CAS (or use the householdmanager)

You should then see the sliders

If it's a general issue also when you create a new Sim, are you using mods ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 16 (192,796 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@wynnecox I don’t know how to change it either. I got really exited to age up my sim! But then it aged up and it was a little bit more over weighted for my type, I tried fixing it but there was no body type button just the tattoo one. 😪
Message 3 of 16 (191,448 Views)

Hero
@jazzyacrotapper For existing Sims you'll need the cheat as described in my post above.

Did that not work for you ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 16 (191,427 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I started a new game after updating the game and when I tried to edit the body size I couldn’t I couldn’t even change it in the body thing it was just the one I started with so after that I exited the game and let my computer rest for a while and I came back to it and it still wasn’t working! Please help 😭

Message 5 of 16 (183,757 Views)

Hero
@PrincessAleina Are you using mods/cc in your game ? If so, did you try without ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 16 (183,721 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Whenever I create a new sim and try to edit the body, I can’t slide anything and when I go to the body option it only has one which is automatically selected and I can’t unselect it. I turned mods off (those also don’t seem to be working Frown ) and I still had the same problem. I don’t know if it’s because I changed a setting or what, but I really want to fix this issue!

Thanks

Message 7 of 16 (183,124 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I’m having the same problem. Turned off my mods and all that stuff and I’m still unable to edit my sim when I first create them. It was after the recent update. ):

Message 8 of 16 (182,688 Views)

Hero
@Aqarieus Could you try repairing your game through Origin and make sure to also delete the localthumbcache file in documents.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 16 (182,626 Views)

★★★ Newbie

IDK if you're anyone is still having this issue, but Go into CAS, click and hold on body part you want to change the size of (head, chest, stomach, thighs, legs, feet), move mouse left or right while holding and the body size should change. 

Message 10 of 16 (172,886 Views)