i bought something on steam but it doesnt transfer over

by lastgnslingr

Original Post

Accepted Solution

i bought something on steam but it doesnt transfer over

★★★ Newbie

hi so like, my friend gifted me cottage living for the sims 4 and stuff but he didnt have origin so he used steam, and since my dad made this acc when i was younger he didnt connect it at the start or whatever.  so im wondering if that dlc is just stuck behind everything or if i can get it on my origin acc so i can actually USE it.

Message 1 of 3 (258 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: i bought something on steam but it doesnt transfer over

@lastgnslingr  No, unfortunately you can't use a Steam-bought pack in an Origin install.  If you bought the base game through Steam, you could use packs from both launchers, but you'd need to uninstall the Origin version, install from Steam, and then install your packs from Steam and Origin.

Given how much trouble this is, it might be best to see if your friend can get a refund for the pack.  I don't know where you live, but I saw Origin cash cards at GameStop (U.S.) a few days ago, some of which had a $20 value.  So it would be simple for someone to buy you one of these and let you purchase the Sims 4 packs you wanted yourself.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 2 of 3 (214 Views)

All Replies

@lastgnslingr  No, unfortunately you can't use a Steam-bought pack in an Origin install.  If you bought the base game through Steam, you could use packs from both launchers, but you'd need to uninstall the Origin version, install from Steam, and then install your packs from Steam and Origin.

Given how much trouble this is, it might be best to see if your friend can get a refund for the pack.  I don't know where you live, but I saw Origin cash cards at GameStop (U.S.) a few days ago, some of which had a $20 value.  So it would be simple for someone to buy you one of these and let you purchase the Sims 4 packs you wanted yourself.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 3 (215 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@puzzlezaddict ugh, poor guy. thanks though
Message 3 of 3 (204 Views)