Re: i bought sims 4 for my mac and it says that the download will take 66 hours!

by chadthomte

Original Post

i bought sims 4 for my mac and it says that the download will take 66 hours!

★★★ Newbie

hi my laptop is a mac and in the bottom left corner where it is loading and it has time remaining 66:45:09 and i'm not sure if it really is hours or minutes because im not sure they would put milliseconds, a fast answer would be appreciated   :womanwink:

Message 1 of 4 (174 Views)

Re: i bought sims 4 for my mac and it says that the download will take 66 hours!

★★★ Apprentice

Sometimes Origin gives a false report of how much it has actually downloaded or how much left it needs to download.

Try running this Origin reset tool:

http://help.ea.com/en/article/how-to-reset-origin-on-mac/

Report back with the results.

Message 2 of 4 (167 Views)

Champion

Also try uninstalling and reinstalling Origin. Allow Origin to update.

- Make sure you are in Finder then click Go in the menu bar. Hold down Alt and the hidden Library folder will show up. Click on the Library folder.

- You now need to check in the following folders for any Origin files and folders:

Application Support (Origin)

Caches (Origin, com.ea.Origin)

Preferences (com.ea.Origin.plist)

Saved Application state (com.ea.Origin.savedState)

Open a Finder window and click on your Macintosh HD in the left hand section under Devices (if it's not there click on Finder in the menu bar then Preferences. Select the Sidebar tab and make sure Hard Disks is ticked under Devices), open Library, then delete the Origin folder.

After you've trashed them, empty the trash then restart your Mac. Then redownload and reinstall Origin.

Also try repairing your permissions. You can find this:

Open Disk Utility and Repair Permissions - Applications > Utilities > Disk Utili

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 3 of 4 (163 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Also might try going into Application Settings > Advanced > "Safe Mode Downloading" and tick that box. I have seen this help to stabilize downloads.

Message 4 of 4 (159 Views)