i am getting a vcruntime140.dll message

by tiska589

Original Post

Re: The sims & origin not working

@tiska589  If you'd like, I'd be happy to look for good options for you.  How much are you looking to spend, and is this in U.S. dollars?  (Just making sure.)  Do you want a laptop or a desktop, and if a desktop, do you also have to budget for a monitor?  There are plenty of options that are nice to have but might be out of range, or to look at it another way, there are compromises you could make and still get a decent if not ideal computer for Sims 3.

If you'd rather do the shopping yourself, look for systems with, at minimum, an Nvidia GTX 1050 or 1050 ti or AMD RX 560, which should be able to handle high graphics settings.  For used systems, older mid-range cards (Nvidia 950/960, AMD 460) do okay as well, even if you need to turn down the settings a bit.  The next step up (1060/1650/1660 or 570/580/5500) would help but isn't strictly necessary.  Slower cards may run the base game and some of the packs just fine but could struggle with Pets and Seasons, or even some of the mid-range expansions.

Processors are easy these days: any new build with one of those graphics cards should also have a good enough CPU.  You only need 8 GB RAM, even though 16 is nice to have.  Sims 3 will fit on a 256 GB drive, although it's great to have more space for other purposes.  Sims 3 will load much faster on a solid state drive, but it will still run the same in live mode on a mechanical drive (HDD), even if opening Build/Buy, traveling, etc. take more time.

And if you find something that looks good, feel free to link it for a second opinion.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 31 of 31 (357 Views)