how to add a capture screenshot into the game?

by katelynk005

Original Post

Accepted Solution

how to add a capture screenshot into the game?

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

hi, so i just got the pose player mod, and i think it's really cool! i want to take a picture of my two and only sims right now, but the only way i know how to is to use their phone and i need a sim to do that but i would like to use both of them, so is there a possible way i could add screenshots into the game, so that i can take a picture of both of them and hang it on their wall? a lot of the tutorials seem confusing or aren't what i'm looking for. i've seen simmers do it on their lets plays, and i would like to know how to do that! thanksStandard smile

Message 1 of 4 (547 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: how to add a capture screenshot into the game?

@katelynk005  It is kind of complicated to add the screenshots you take to the game itself, and I don't know of any shortcut.  What a lot of players do is add a third sim to the household temporarily and then kick them out again.  (Money cheats can square things away.)  If you have World Adventures, you can train up a photographer and save the sim to your in-game bin, then move them into any house where you want photos.

A word of warning though: pose player should not be used lightly.  If you ever use moveobjects on to reposition your sims, you need to either quit without saving or use a mod to reset them, and probably the lot, afterwards.  Otherwise, they leave some data behind as they're moved, and that can cause problems down the line.  The problems might be funny, like sims walking through the ground or reappearing at the top of a staircase after walking down, but they're sometimes serious enough to corrupt a save.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 2 of 4 (521 Views)

All Replies

@katelynk005  It is kind of complicated to add the screenshots you take to the game itself, and I don't know of any shortcut.  What a lot of players do is add a third sim to the household temporarily and then kick them out again.  (Money cheats can square things away.)  If you have World Adventures, you can train up a photographer and save the sim to your in-game bin, then move them into any house where you want photos.

A word of warning though: pose player should not be used lightly.  If you ever use moveobjects on to reposition your sims, you need to either quit without saving or use a mod to reset them, and probably the lot, afterwards.  Otherwise, they leave some data behind as they're moved, and that can cause problems down the line.  The problems might be funny, like sims walking through the ground or reappearing at the top of a staircase after walking down, but they're sometimes serious enough to corrupt a save.

Message 2 of 4 (522 Views)

★★★★ Novice

thank you, ive done that with the pose player thing and so far havent received any issues, are you saying my sims themself or other sims i add? if i dont use moveobjects will it still be an issue?

Message 3 of 4 (509 Views)

@katelynk005  I was saying that it might cause problems to use moveobjects on with any sim, yours or not.  Without the cheat, I don't actually know whether pose player would cause any issues.  But if you're not opposed to mods in general, you could do yourself a favor by adding NRaas ErrorTrap, Overwatch, and MasterController.  The first two clean up the game on their own, without you having to do anything, and they're great even in an otherwise unmodded game.  MasterController has a reset command for sims, lots, or the whole town, but it doesn't do anything either unless you tell it to.  It can also remove leftover action jigs, which are one of the biggest issues with the moveobjects on cheat.

I use all three, and it's the only way I can keep my saves from eventually getting corrupted.  Otherwise, you might find that your saves get glitchy and difficult to play after a few generations.

The only good non-mod reset is to evict your sims in Edit Town, save their house to the bin, bulldoze the lot, replace it with the bin copy, and move the sims back in.  This can be disruptive though, which is why so many of us find mods more convenient.

Message 4 of 4 (503 Views)