how to Officially delete and uninstall legacy edition

by mizundaconstrucn

Original Post

Accepted Solution

how to Officially delete and uninstall legacy edition

★★★★★ Novice

Hello, Ive gone through all of the topics regarding this subject and have still not found the answer. Can someone please tell me how to get rid of the sims 4 Legacy Edition? I have tried everything! and it keeps coming back. 

Message 1 of 7 (654 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: how to Officially delete and uninstall legacy edition

[ Edited ]
Hero

@mizundaconstrucn Do you try just switching over to 64 bit as shown in the picture in this thread: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/PLEASE-POST-HERE-Questions-regarding-drop-of-32-bit-OS...

To uninstall see this: https://sims4.crinrict.com/eng/2019/11/sims-4-legacy-edition-2/#ref4

The problem is though that it usually just reinstall the next time you update the game or repair it so I would just leave it installed and switch back to 64 bit via Origin.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 4 of 7 (605 Views)

All Replies

Hero
@mizundaconstrucn Depends if you need it or not.

Could you post your Computer's DxDiag?

- Press Windows-Key + R
- Type: DxDiag
- Click on Save all Information.
- Attach the Text File to your post

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 7 (629 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Im certain that i dont need it anymore

Message 3 of 7 (615 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@mizundaconstrucn Do you try just switching over to 64 bit as shown in the picture in this thread: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/PLEASE-POST-HERE-Questions-regarding-drop-of-32-bit-OS...

To uninstall see this: https://sims4.crinrict.com/eng/2019/11/sims-4-legacy-edition-2/#ref4

The problem is though that it usually just reinstall the next time you update the game or repair it so I would just leave it installed and switch back to 64 bit via Origin.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 7 (606 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Thank you for your assistance! Yes i have launched in 64 bit but as you mentioned every time the game is updated or repaired it comes back, that's the issue i wanted to resolve. Its like that annoying little mosquito you think you've shooed away that keeps coming back buzzing! 

I'll try the complete uninstall! 

thanks again! 

Message 5 of 7 (593 Views)

Hero
@mizundaconstrucn If you get it to uninstall the best thing to do is turn automatic updates off and then if you need to repair or patch immediately delete the legacy from the queue if it wants to re-download.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 7 (575 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Ok, thank you again for your help! 

Message 7 of 7 (569 Views)