Re: how do i get back all my data????

by LoveisLove767

Original Post

how do i get back all my data????

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

I can't activate my mods or find my old saves/households!!!!!!!! How do I get them back????? HELP! I had redownloaded origin before findng out hoe to open the game.........this might just make me freaking quit. I feel so horrible.

Message 1 of 22 (542 Views)

@LoveisLove767  Did you also uninstall Sims 4?  If not, your content should still be in your Sims 4 folder in Documents\Electronic Arts.  Please open the Sims 4 folder and look inside Saves, Tray, and Mods; let me know what's there.  If it helps, you can take a screenshot.

By the way, if you happened to move your TS4 folder out of Documents\EA for whatever reason, you can just put it back.  Make sure to remove the new one first.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 22 (530 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

d.PNG here's the mod folder opened, the mods opened from the sims 4 folder, and a copy of my sims 4 data............oh goodness, I'm so confused. what do I do? They're all in the sims 4 mods!

Message 3 of 22 (528 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

All my data seems to be in place, but the game isn't accessing it........

Message 4 of 22 (519 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Oh God, I just remembered that it said INSTALLING Sims 4/ all that stuff. But I see the data in Sims 4??? I'm having a headache! How do i fix this freaking hot mess?

Message 5 of 22 (511 Views)

@LoveisLove767  I don't know about your Saves or Tray folders, but your Mods folder isn't in the correct place.  Above the list of mods in your screenshot, you can see that they're all in a Sims 4 folder located on your desktop, as in, the full path to the mods is This PC > Desktop > The Sims 4 > Mods.  The files you want to use in game need to be in Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 4.  Open those folders in succession, then copy the files from the desktop Sims 4 folder to the corresponding folders in Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4.

Message 6 of 22 (496 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Oh, well, I can do that. As for my save tray, it seems to be intact....but I'll have to wait until tomorrow to give you screenshots. I need to get some rest. Thank you!

Message 7 of 22 (493 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

usethis1.PNGhopefully this helps a bit!

Message 8 of 22 (447 Views)

@LoveisLove767  Yes, it's the same issue with your saves as with your mods: they're in the Sims 4 folder on your desktop, not in Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\saves where they need to be.  Just move everything to the correct folder, and it should show up again.  You may want to move the mods and custom content first, in batches, so you can see whether they show up in-game before trying to play your saves again.

Message 9 of 22 (408 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Thanks! I did just that! However, there's one last issue.....after I did so, the game won't boot up. Origin will say it's running but nothing appears. Then again, I had to leave the house and shut of the computer, so maybe it was slow?....

Message 10 of 22 (402 Views)